• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheap drones?

David1987

Can anyone reccomend a half decent drone that i can fly outside, for around the £100 mark? Fancy a drone but don’t want too spend a big wad until I’m sure it’s for me. 

Not really fussed about having a camera, I just want something I can take outside in the garden and have some fun. Something that won’t blow away with a gust of wind, that’s fairly beginner friendly. 

If i get good with it and enjoy it, my next move will be to spend a bit more for a decent one. 

Will consider second hand if anyone knows of a good one, but would prefer a new, ready to run one if possible. Could stretch the budget a bit if needed. 

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by David1987

Ok so what kind of Drone are you after?

There are various options, I would say an Eachine E010 if you want to fly indoors or an Eachine E011, these are very cheap and flyer type drones (to get you towards a drone racer). If you want a camera style drone that has GPS and a compass to help keep everything stable then the budget goes up, but something like a Syma X5HW is cheap and has that stable type of flying, it is no camera drone but gives a feel for that type of flight.

I am sure there are other options on the camera drone front bit apart from something like a Q500 I have no experience

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info @Gavster29

im really new too this. I’ve had a few of them £15-25 drones you get in gadget shops and found them great fun. 

Im basically looking for the next step up. Doesn’t need a camera, but needs to be suitable for a beginner to fly outside. I remember taking my little one outside and it getting blown all over the place, even though there was no obvious wind. 

I’m basically looking for the best ready to go drone for around 100 quid, just for fun and learning purposes :D

thanks again

Edited by David1987

Eachine Tiny QX95 95mm Micro FPV LED RC Racing Drone Quadcopter with i6 Transimittervs RTF
https://banggood.app.link/Dnx3W3SEAJ

How about this? Supposed to be quite good plus you get a transmitter that is quite decent for the price and can be used on other quads in the future.

I have a transmitter like that myself

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

My first few drones were from menkind, they were basic and nothing special but they took a bit of a beating and theure fairly easy to repair. I spent about £120 on them. When my last one died i got a syma x5uw, it's abit slower and has some useless features but it would be good for a beginner as it's very easy to control the height on it and it's not as fast as others I've used in the slow setting.

I’ve not been on here for a week or so, so I haven’t updated this. I bought a techrc quadcopter (syma x5c1 copy I believe) on Saturday to have a play with, and it seems pretty decent. It’s got return to home, acrobatic mode, 3 sensitivity settings and it’s great indoors. Not too bad outside either if the winds fairly steady. 

I’ve been doing a lot of research towards getting my first proper drone. Seriously want to get into the racing/freestyle side of it as opposed to photography. Would like to have a go flying fpv aswell. 

With that mind, a lot of people reccomended the eachine wizard 220. I’ve watched a lot of videos on it and it looks awesome! Comes ready to fly for £150-£180 depending where you buy aswell so good value. 

Any other suggestions on a good drone that fits the criteria?

i also bought a spares package for my techrc off eBay, 2 sets of spare blades, 4 spare batteries and a charger that can charge all 4 at once. Loving it so far. Not bad for £35!

I fly fpv only now. Sold up everything else.

The wizard is a good starter setup. Bear in mind you will need to get some kind of fpv goggles or screen with a video rx to get the best from it.

I can recommend giving the guys at Makeitbuildit a shout for some advice on exactly what to buy within your budget.

Personally I would go and order a frsky q7 transmitter and get a copy of velocidrone or fpv free rider and fly in the sim before investing in a physical drone. It will help you no end in getting the muscle memory you need to fly in a nonstablised mode

• 1 year later...