• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just ordered an associated sc28

NOFX

I'll post on here. It should be faster than the q32, it's got a Lipo in it. The q32's quite tough. Our little uns nicked mine ( he's 5( & he beats the crap out of all the rcs':ack:

I bought something similar a couple of years back.  The plastic was like glass. I snapped a front A arm. No glue known to man would stick to it. BUT a named brand should last more than 5 cycles of the battery :boredlook:.  The rear wing stops the back end hitting the luxuriously carpeted floor too hard-_-. It's only been used in the living room. If a solder joint'd broke loose, it'd not have reverse... I broke solder joint'd in my micro t.  But I jumped that down the stairs ( landed it too ?)  . I'd accept that... But the q32 has only landed from 18 inches off the floor . 

Its usually rhe gears that went in micro 1/32 things hpi copied. Revvel branded one looking like the hpi baja 5sc. Then another has them branded too. Wltoys L959 or L989 something. 

But theres a v1 cheapo one thats 27MHZ and all or nothing steering. 

Not the first time hpi has done it either. The hpi mini recon is really a "radio shack pro pulse 2" the radio shack one is much better soec with Ti upgrades available. 

• Like 1

It's something electrical in this un. It's just got reverse.& that's not much fun:boredlook:. Especially for a 5 year old. It's going back today. I had one of the ones with All or nothing steering. It lasted longer than this un :ack:. But the front A arm snapped & was impossible to fix.

Edited by NOFX
Autocadrivel :/

Just put a blob of vegetable oil on the rear suspension pivots on the sc28.  It's like night & day! It handles so much better :D. Even jumps further & straighter. Anyone with a q32 or similar micro has got to do this. You won't be disappointed :lol:.I'm hoping for a refund on the q32.  If it happens, I'll put the money towards an sc28 for little un. 

Just got an email from wheelspin. I'm getting a refund for the q32 :D. I'll wait until the associated mt28 is in stock & put the money towards that. Then me & little un can race round the living room :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2018 at 10:46, NOFX said:

Wheelspin have been really good :D. They're doing a full refund.  Can't wait until the mt28 comes into stock. Pity even cml ain't got any:boredlook:

Changed my mind about wheelspin :boredlook:. I sent it all back over a week ago & they've not refunded me.  Suppose it'll have to go through paypal:ack:.  

Wheelspin held out on the refund because some pillock nicked the usb charge lead in the post :boredlook:.  Theyve refunded for the q32 now. Anyway.... The sc28 is holding up well. The shocks fell apart because our little un kept driving it off the worktop onto the link at nannys house. Easily fixed :D.  Other than that there's literally no damage.