• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brakes Hyper 7 Sport TQ 1/8

Grant

Hi

I have just bought a Hyper 7 sport TQ and the brakes on it are shocking it just does not stop.  I have adjusted them which made this a little better but they are not good.  Can anyone advise? 

I think the servo for them is under powered but do not know what servo to purchase any recommendations for a high torque servo and brake  and throttle linkages would be gratefully revived.  Also upgrade brake them self for the car .

thanks

Grant

H-101 servo are about 3kg torque so a little under powered. If you have adjusted linkage and transmitter settings with no improvement then a servo with more torque will sort it.

Power HD LF-20mg will be plenty (20kg torque), I use them for steering 1/8 cars and also for some throttle/brake servos. If you dont mind waiting 2-4 weeks then can get them for about £13 from ebay china, or quick delivery from rcmart in Hong Kong, usually 1-2 weeks...http://www.rcmart.com/digital-servo-used-crawler-buggy-onroad-p-59604.html?cPath=1099_1030. Or if in hurry https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=388829&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7LSBRBBEiwAvL1-L53XjiDf7eXzShSMAiXyRo90w5l1eXoe8Xi7xupoLRDS46hdy1wrrRoCz58QAvD_BwE

Stock linkage is OK.

Recommend using 6V nimh pack and not 4 x AA alkaline batteries, as voltage will quickly drop with alkalines whereas nimh have a flatter discharge rate, or 6.6V LiFe pack even better.

Push car along and apply brakes until they bite and you cant push it, but you still want them to feel progressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locky said:

Stock linkage is OK.

Recommend using 6V nimh pack and not 4 x AA alkaline batteries, as voltage will quickly drop with alkalines whereas nimh have a flatter discharge rate, or 6.6V LiFe pack even better.

Push car along and apply brakes until they bite and you cant push it, but you still want them to feel progressive.

I had a look at the 6V nimh pack on ebay but these will not fit in the battery housing as there is 5 batteries in them

What type of battery box do you have? Either a hump pack or stick pack. If you have the box with receiver inside and battery then the hump pack fits, it the battery is separate then I cant remember which is best stick or hump, suggest you search... 

My stock brakes are good on stock Hyper 7 TQ with Savox servos, which would indicate something wrong with linkage/discs/pads. Tighten two hex screws which secure the discs. With electrics off rotate servo arm to full brake until cant move, if the brakes arent workng, ie. wheels dont lock when pushing car on ground. then your linkage needs adjusting. Is this a brand new Hyper? Also check your tx end points, there are some dials which will alter these for both servos.

Edited by locky

On 11/01/2018 at 16:23, Grant said:

Well new servo came and batteries all fitted but breaks are still weak.  The new servo looks like it would break the servo arm so it has plenty of strength in it.  Any ideas?

Go for the tq 2 brakes 10 quid on ebay straight fit .idealy you need savox 1256 steering servo .savox 1257/58 throttle servo .both metal servo horns .the tq2 servo tray thats if ur reciever is small and the tq2 brake set up .