• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

After wet-run routines...

TD1

Wet running usually means mud if offroad, or salt if on tarmac, so first I rinse it off thoroughly in the shower. This is followed by GT85 on the metal bits, and a few hours in front of the radiator to make sure it is properly dry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Wet running usually means mud if offroad, or salt if on tarmac, so first I rinse it off thoroughly in the shower. This is followed by GT85 on the metal bits, and a few hours in front of the radiator to make sure it is properly dry.

Ah the good old GT85!  Never considered the radiator idea, I like it

Cheers for the recommendation :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Someone on another thread recently was saying to avoid spraying electrics with GT85, but they didn't say why?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I clean the plastics with gt85 and wipe over electrics with it, brushed motor is cleaned out with electrical contact cleaner.

You don't want to use lubricants before running on sand/grit etc as it will turn into a grinding paste and kill bearings.

Edited by stretch

Microwave b2b bath of 3-in-1 oil.

(consecutively, not both at once, that would be silly)

4 hours ago, nr73 said:

Someone on another thread recently was saying to avoid spraying electrics with GT85, but they didn't say why?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i spray my leccys...:yes:.quik sqirt in/around the fan/esc..servo ect....then wipe off excess....not had any probs doing this:good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evssv said:

i spray my leccys...:yes:.quik sqirt in/around the fan/esc..servo ect....then wipe off excess....not had any probs doing this:good:

Done the same since 2011 never had any problems either.

• Like 1

Sod it, GT85 it is then :)

Thanks to the help from this thread I cleaned up my Slash 2wd and my Savage XS last night, both of which were mucky after a wet bash last weekend.  After letting the mud dry off, I used a dishcleaning brush and a smaller brush to get the dirt off, quick GT85 followed by maintenance and they're ready to go.

Incidentally, I'm very very impressed how little dirt there was on the Savage XS compared to the Slash. Seems like that SCT bodyshell on the Slash helps direct dirt into the truck!

On 04/01/2018 at 13:52, nr73 said:

Sod it, GT85 it is then :)

Thanks to the help from this thread I cleaned up my Slash 2wd and my Savage XS last night, both of which were mucky after a wet bash last weekend.  After letting the mud dry off, I used a dishcleaning brush and a smaller brush to get the dirt off, quick GT85 followed by maintenance and they're ready to go.

Incidentally, I'm very very impressed how little dirt there was on the Savage XS compared to the Slash. Seems like that SCT bodyshell on the Slash helps direct dirt into the truck!

if i  can't get gt i use morrisons own brand of spray lube...:good: .big tin only 2.50.....works fine and smels better then wd aswell:yes:

Edited by evssv