• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Blitz - Brushless RTR

joeylcfc

With college taking up my time and now a 1:1 to run, it is finally time to sell my beloved HPI Blitz, which I bought from new and have converted to brushless. 

I have taken out the original brushed system, and fitted a Hobbywing SC8WP ESC, and Tenshock SC401 3800kv motor, with original TF-40 rx/tx. They are good for both 2S and 3S, but you have to be careful on 3S. I have also fitted a Bluebird servo, which is been (crudely I admit) waterproofed by myself, which I have run in the wet on a number of occasions without fault. After every bash the car was cleaned and dried. 

I have also converted the car to be a buggy rather than a short course truck, with a JConcepts Overbody, and a Hobbyking Buggy cage, and using rubber bands and a body mount I made, it can be used all the time. The thread can be found here - 

The original body mounts are included so it can be reverted to an SCT immediately and easily. 

I have also upgraded the front and rear shock towers to anodised aluminium, which you can see have some scrapes, however they have held up very well. The shocks have been refilled with new shock oil and feel very nice. The gearbox was taken apart recently and I replaced the gears in it as they had some damage, I also serviced the diff with new oil. You can also see the rear tires are different. This is due to 3S use, which makes the original tires and the Nanda Blocks 'come apart', so I am down to the two that are left, both of which are in good condition. 

Included is the original SCT body which has damage but still usable, the original TF-40 radio system, the DB body, any spares I can find, the original shock towers, the original body mounts and if collecting I will include the 4 LiPos, 3 of which are 2S, and one 3S. 

Bad points are the rear tires, slight damage to tops of shock towers, the cracked rear bumper, very slight crack on ESC casing, scratches on chassis and both bodies are in need of repair, but can be used perfectly. 

It is no show car, with signs of usage, but I can honestly say that this car as never gave up on me (apart from tires but that's 3S's fault). This is the perfect RC for someone who wants to just go out and bash.

I am asking for £110 + postage, or collection from LE19, just off J21 of M1.

If you want more pictures or have any questions please ask.

IMG_20171104_112137.thumb.jpg.3793ce07548a6afc6139a497018ca25c.jpgIMG_20171104_112156.thumb.jpg.ac3980c3340e99b1ac7de418bacaceb1.jpgIMG_20171104_112203.thumb.jpg.af9fc87c7c7cec402ff2f24260a1cb18.jpgIMG_20171104_112210.thumb.jpg.6ae793e9aac2592b748205a3b9b001c6.jpgIMG_20171104_112223.thumb.jpg.af0484b159a67d77372cd1df2d2806d0.jpgIMG_20171104_112250.thumb.jpg.f9f811038fe89cc394faa024578aeba8.jpgIMG_20171104_112308.thumb.jpg.f43f19b823f76ce51e68e3fbd6605df3.jpgIMG_20171104_112418.thumb.jpg.f5d87a60a8c5e1dbc0afef2c6fc5da11.jpg

Edited by joeylcfc

On 14/11/2017 at 22:54, Needmoreamps said:

Is is running Mod1 gearing and how much is postage?

Cheers 

Hi,

It's still running the standard 48dp, I had pinions made to fit the 5mm shaft in the new motor. 

Not sure on postage, I would guess around £15 

Thanks, Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Still for sale?

On 16/11/2017 at 17:37, joeylcfc said:

Hi,

It's still running the standard 48dp, I had pinions made to fit the 5mm shaft in the new motor. 

Not sure on postage, I would guess around £15 

Thanks, Joe

• 4 weeks later...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RIP OFF MERCHANT. BOUGHT the car and took it home to do the usual strip down to discover that the gearbox is toast. Testing the car wouldn't have shown this as a powerful brushless motor would overcome the damaged gear inside. This wouldn't be an issue however the part in question is impossible to get hold of. At this point I contact Joe and ask to return the car for a refund which he refuses trying to fob me off and find the part. At this point I advise that I will just bring it to his and ask for a refund this goes back on forth until he agrees to pay half towards a new gearbox on the condition I give him my address so him and his dad can pay me a visit to give it to me. Btw paid via PayPal in front of him so there was no need for him to ever bring cash to me

Edited by norcoforever
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RIP OFF MERCHANT. BOUGHT the car and took it home to do the usual strip down to discover that the gearbox is toast. Testing the car wouldn't have shown this as a powerful brushless motor would overcome the damaged gear inside. This wouldn't be an issue however the part in question is impossible to get hold of. At this point I contact Joe and ask to return the car for a refund which he refuses trying to fob me off and find the part. At this point I advise that I will just bring it to his and ask for a refund this goes back on forth until he agrees to pay half towards a new gearbox on the condition I give him my address so him and his dad can pay me a visit to give it to me. Btw unpaid via PayPal in front of him so there was no need for him to ever bring cash to me

which part was needed?

All three years in the gearbox are needed but it's part number 86944 that's impossible to find without paying £20 + shipped from the states and with the other gears needed it would be around £60!

3 minutes ago, Needmoreamps said:

which part was needed?

2 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

All three years in the gearbox are needed but it's part number 86944 that's impossible to find without paying £20 + shipped from the states and with the other gears needed it would be around £60!

Do you mean this part for £10

https://www.1001modelkits.co.uk/rc-bodies/146543-hpi-racing-870086944-gear-28dts-e-fire-4944258869445.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpvu5ffG2AIVQWYbCh1roAqbEAYYASABEgKkpfD_BwE

4 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

actually managed to find one for £3.70

http://www.themodelbasement.co.uk/hpi-86944-idler-gear-28t-e-firestorm.html

If that all was needed to fix it you got a good deal dude, when buying used rc cars your not buying new so you have to expect the rc car may have some bits that need replacing that the seller may not even know about. Was there anything else that the seller has done to be a "RIP OFF MERCHANT"?

8 minutes ago, Needmoreamps said:

Yeah that's the one but I where it says ships within 6 days says it coming from supplier who have none even towerhobbies amain etc have none

The fact the all three gears are shot in the gearbox and again if you check the site generally in stock meaning supplier stock who have none. The car was meant to be ready to run not ready to rebuild that says RIP off to me 

I have bought many cars and sold many on here as well and if someone says it's ready to run that does not mean finding chipped gears disintegrated bearings to me. I'm sorry if your expectations are lower than mine. Do I expect to find the odd wrong screw bit of rust a couple of work bearings yes but not a gearbox that cannot be used and a part that cannot be found actually in stock anywhere aside from two sellers in America and Canada on eBay. I have done this hobby for a very very long time as many members can confirm if it was easy to find and cheap I would have already done it!

Edited by norcoforever
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Yeah that's the one but I where it says ships within 6 days says it coming from supplier who have none even towerhobbies amain etc have none

The fact the all three gears are shot in the gearbox and again if you check the site generally in stock meaning supplier stock who have none. The car was meant to be ready to run not ready to rebuild that says RIP off to me 

I have bought many cars and sold many on here as well and if someone says it's ready to run that does not mean finding chipped gears disintegrated bearings to me.

How much part refund have you received?

1 minute ago, Needmoreamps said:

None unless I provide my address so that in his words him and his dad can pay me a visit. If I had paid cash fine but I paid via PayPal.grabted as gift as it was face to face but I trusted him which was obviously a mistake

Just now, norcoforever said:

None unless I provide my address so that in his words him and his dad can pay me a visit. If I had paid cash fine but I paid via PayPal.grabted as gift as it was face to face but I trusted him which was obviously a mistake

I always pay cash when buying on collection. Why not just refund from paypal? Would be good to hear from seller. 

The website above does say it's in stock pretty sweet at around £4. 

1 minute ago, Needmoreamps said:

I reduced the price of the car to £80 before he purchased it, and it was sold in good faith, as the car worked perfectly for me before the sale. At 10 o clock this evening, I received a message saying he was coming to my house uninvited. This unnerved me and my dad, both of which were not at the property at the time, so I asked for his address, as I was happy to personally give him a part refund tomorrow in the day, instead of a late night visit at my house.