• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how to set Absim CRT4 Ultimate telemetry

newnitroer

Hi,

So I now the CRT4 and now that I used it for driving the car around I want to install the telemetry that comes with it in to my S-Maxx only problem is there is no instructions tell me how to set it and now installation videos on youtube either.

So how do I set it all up.

Thanks for the help

I haven’t used the telemetry on my CRT4 in a while but one key thing to remember when plugging in the sensors is to realise that with the two connector sockets on them  one is in and the other is out and they won’t work if you don’t plug the cables into the right socket.

I never liked the speed sensor as it has to be set up just right and can give erratic readings if the installation isn’t perfect. The optional speed sensor is far better but pricy. The others though are straight forward. Plug em in and they’ll show up on the TX. 

They could give more complete info on setting them up in the manual but at least there is some info.

http://www.absima.com/absima_uploads/funken/CR4T Ultimate Manual english.pdf

John

Edited by johninderby

that's the part I am struggling with how do I plug them for example where on the engine do I attach the tempature to on the engine in order to get a reading and where do I attach the Volt sensor in order to get a reading it the first time I have had telemetry so I never seen the connections before which mans I cant just look at them and go oh that goes there lol.

And how do you set the speed sensor up I have the optical one 

thanks for that video I had already seen it and did not help that must however thanks to clicking on it again I did find other video which shows how to hook up the sensor but it doesn't show where to put it. In the video the temperature sensor is used and I now that the sensor has to go to cylinder head but the wire looks so tin that I'm worried it going to just end up being burned by the head I know the glow wire survives fine but that wire is a lot thicker.

So how would you go about attaching the temp sensor to the head with out having wires burn and how would you keep it in place? (zip ties maybe?)  

I had the throttle servo go on me yesterday and after spending 5 hours trying to fix it I gave up and am now using the throttle servo from my old HPI Bullet. The Bullet servo seems to work better than the Traxxas 2018 one the car had on as well which is good but since I got the RX box open at the moment and the shell off the truck I might as well give the sensors another go.

Edited by newnitroer

Ok I now them all test fitted in place going to have to get some 2 sided sticky pads to stick them to the chassis. I still need to know how I am going to secure the temp sensor into place at the moment I have it wedged in the small gap between the glow plug and the cylinder head but the wire is still resting on the head.  Other than that there to more things I need to know then I will try and leave you all alone:D  :P. Does any know the rotation length for Traxxas 3970 tyres on 3972x wheels. Also how do you secure the speed sensor it looks like it can be used for RPM as well but I want to use it for MPH so I'm attaching it to the front wheels but I need So that it stays in a dead straight line the car goes over so rough ground down and there are jumps  at the park so that sensor is going to as stiff as possible to be able to stay in place.

I'm doing the final fitment tonight of the sensors once I pop down to The Range and get some double sided sticky pads. I still need to know the rotation length for my wheels and tyres so please if any knows it or knows how to find do let me know.

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2017 at 18:50, newnitroer said:

I'm doing the final fitment tonight of the sensors once I pop down to The Range and get some double sided sticky pads. I still need to know the rotation length for my wheels and tyres so please if any knows it or knows how to find do let me know.

The rotational length of a wheel is its circumference. Rotational length is the distance a wheel has travelled after one full wheel rotation.

To calculate that:  Circumference  C=πd, or   C=2πr.  

π = 3.14

d= diameter of the wheel

r = radius of a wheel.

So, if you multiply your wheel diameter X 3.14 you have the rotational length of your wheel.

For example, my 1:8 buggy wheel/tire has a diameter of 112 mm. So, 112 mm X 3.14 = 351.68 mm. Therefore, the rotational length of my buggy tire is 35,16 cm.

To make it more complicated:
The relationship between radius, diameter, circumference, revolutions and distance for a wheel can be calculated by using the formula on the site below:

https://rechneronline.de/wheel/

I hope this helped. 

Edited by DLD

On 11/3/2017 at 19:12, newnitroer said:

Also how do you secure the speed sensor it looks like it can be used for RPM as well but I want to use it for MPH

Your speed sensor counts wheel RPM. But if you define for it your wheel rotational length, then it knows how far you have travelled and it knows time, so you get MPH out of it.

Just trying to help. _