• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Carisma SCA-1E

peter2117

1 hour ago, hawkesy2k8 said:

i'm very close to buying one of these unless anyone has any better suggestions?

most say to buy an SCX10 but around £80 more are they that much better?

Anyone ran on brushless yet?

i currently have a 1/8 HiSpeed crawler which will climb a set of stairs so not sure if i will see a coyote/scx10 a downgrade? if you know what i mean

just looking for some suggestions...

For the money there great, for less money the ftx outback and for more money the trx4, bloody thing comes without most bearings though unlike the outback, great looking shell though and metal driveshafts plus big good shocks, not tried brushless 

i'm very close, :)

just waiting for wheelspin to get back to me about a pricematch as they are £219 on modelsport but £230 on wheelspin and hopefully collect saturday :)

what wheels/tyres are a better upgrade or is it not worth doing at the moment?

1 hour ago, hawkesy2k8 said:

i'm very close, :)

just waiting for wheelspin to get back to me about a pricematch as they are £219 on modelsport but £230 on wheelspin and hopefully collect saturday :)

what wheels/tyres are a better upgrade or is it not worth doing at the moment?

not had mine too long and the weather been poo so not sure about tires, first thing i would do is order bearings which will improve everything, maybe also a basic set of front and rear lights too like these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-outback-led-light-kit-set-4pcs-/rc-car-products/404443

ordered yesterday so hopefully be here by the weekend, i have a tamiya light controller but for £3 i have ordered the LED kit you sent,

where did you get your bearings in bulk from? looked quick yesterday and some were £7 a pair :o

i do have some spare so fingers crossed they are the same fit  

On 15/11/2017 at 17:01, peter2117 said:

Thanks really fallen for this truck, anyone swopped battery to front and is it worth it if I am using it mainly as a trail truck? Ta!

On 12/12/2017 at 21:04, peter2117 said:

damn mate, thats tough... But hey, you git it sorted and looks good:thumbsup:

I just bought some generic blue Axial scx steering links from fleebay for few quid and they do bolt right on and the quality is ok.

peter2117Sorry delay in asking this but just got my Coyote, which generic Axial steering rods did you get - there is a lot that all look different yet the same - 

Thanks

Edited by mamodman

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:14, hawkesy2k8 said:

ordered yesterday so hopefully be here by the weekend, i have a tamiya light controller but for £3 i have ordered the LED kit you sent,

where did you get your bearings in bulk from? looked quick yesterday and some were £7 a pair :o

i do have some spare so fingers crossed they are the same fit  

hi sorry just noticed the question, ebay 2x https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-MR105-2RS-Rubber-Sealed-Ball-Bearing-Miniature-Bearing-5-x-10-x-4mm-BlueUK-S-/253226334666

and 1x  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x15x4mm-10x15x4-67002rs-6700-2rs-ABEC5-Coloured-Seal-Bearings-1510-B030-RCB/352110389948?hash=item51fb6a2abc:m:m61ynGguZN_xNRFmmQtpohQ , you end up with a few spare

Also got fitted https://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-SCX10-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Axial&model=SCX10&id=109588

few other bits on here https://www.asiatees.com/article?Carisma-Coyote-SCA-1E-Hopped-Up-With-Boom-Racing-Upgrades&id=3078

Edited by just rolling
added bits
  • Like 1

ah if they are Tamiya.HPI parts then i may have some, will have a look tomorrow see what i can change :) if not there cheap enough to order.

i was skeptical about getting a scaler due to having my 1/8 crawler but its really good, shame you cant turn the throttle down on the controller though. 

just rolling 

Herllo, I am not getting email updates on this topic, been ill and have forgotten how to be updated, is it safe ordering from Asiatees? and how long does it take ?

Thanks,

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:32, mamodman said:

just rolling 

Herllo, I am not getting email updates on this topic, been ill and have forgotten how to be updated, is it safe ordering from Asiatees? and how long does it take ?

Thanks,

had 3 orders in the last few weeks off asiatees and they been great, maybe about a week to arrive? and no extra charges just delivered all good, i run my battery at the front but not really tried it much but pretty sure it will be a lot better

• Like 1

yeah my mirror snapped just opening the box, good it comes with spares but i doubt ill but them back on,

i also recommend RCMart same time for postage around a week really surprising i think i paid $11 for postage  

Love the truck though i have just bought a scx10 for the nipper/mrs to use so will be good to compare the two

• Like 1

got my LED's fitted metal steering horn, savox servo, just need to make a metal steering link saturday,

how did you get the marker lights in above the front headlights? as the shells painted the light doesn't show through?

IMG_5039.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

• Like 2

On 12/03/2018 at 00:06, mamodman said:

peter2117Sorry delay in asking this but just got my Coyote, which generic Axial steering rods did you get - there is a lot that all look different yet the same - 

Thanks

@mamodman sorry for delay in replying. Honestly i cant remember from which seller i bought them but whichever you get that are meant for SCX10 will fit on Carisma SCA. The one i have is very similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Steering-Linkage-Rod-Link-Set-For-AXIAL-AX10-SCX10-RC-1-10-Crawler-Car/222770121898?epid=2283144842&hash=item33de224caa:m:m7JbBUyGDHavxb9UL21Q3wg 

Managed over 3 hours trailing / climbing on a 3s 4000 plus hobbyholmes 27t and hobbywing 1080, still some life in the battery, got to love the smaller lighters trucks

Hello, had the Carisma out yesterday, really impressed with it, it was going up slippy hills and wood chip like a good 'un - needless to say lost 2 mirrors, there in my pocket ;-) got to places I couldn't :D

:wheelchair:

On 3/12/2018 at 05:12, just rolling said:

Hello Just rolling, been off for a while all the parts from the Asiatee arrived today, they said allow a delay as axle wasn't in but full order arrived today,

Thanks a lot - had the Carisma out really pleased with it

Fred

22 hours ago, mamodman said:

Hello Just rolling, been off for a while all the parts from the Asiatee arrived today, they said allow a delay as axle wasn't in but full order arrived today,

Thanks a lot - had the Carisma out really pleased with it

Fred

yeah there a good truck, mega run time and a bloody good climber, oh and yeah my mirrors didn't last long either lol

1 hour ago, just rolling said:

yeah there a good truck, mega run time and a bloody good climber, oh and yeah my mirrors didn't last long either lol

Thanks for that little cheery note :D

On 3/24/2018 at 23:05, mamodman said:
On 3/24/2018 at 21:08, just rolling said:

Thanks for that little cheery note :D

seanv If you want to keep the mirrors on then definitely leave it on the shelf, which in many ways would be a shame as it's a great little truck - sorry bold but it happens everytime I copy someone's name :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm Carlo and I write from Italy. I would like to enter the world of RC scalers, and I'm trying to choose the best one economic model to buy.

In Italy, perhaps nobody has a Charisma Coyote, and some dedicated forum friends are skeptical of Coyote, and of course they all recommend AXIAL or Vaterra, but they are quite expensive models, especially for people like me who are intrigued by the world of scalers and have no experience.

My question is....

In the RTR version, as a box, is it a medium with fair performance? or do you necessarily need some changes?

is the carisma compatible with AXIAL SCX10 spare parts? (in particular the steering system that seems a bit lacking)

Is it necessary to change the tires to replace the wheels?

... in short ... for the coyote there is an upgrade on the market to make it very competitive even for possible competitions, or do we need to build the spare parts (for those who are capable)?

Thanks a lot in advance .... and sorry for the English (I use google translate)

• Like 1

coyote is very good out of the box, wheels and tyres are good maybe add some weights here and there,

SCX10 steering links fit around £5 on ebay get the same style as whats fitted already,

i love mine and i have TRX4 and SCX10