• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

'ello from the west mids

colda

Mostly a newbie, had a passion for Tamiya gear when I were a lad, wife bought me my first car in the late 90's but our kids were too young and not interested, went to live in Switzerland and my Fighter Buggy RX ended up in the loft, moved back to the UK after a some years and about 10 years ago the bug bit again and I went a bit mad buying stuff on eBay, kids now much older but still not really interested, and everything found it's way into the loft

Now the bug has bit again and everything it down from the loft and getting cleaned up and upgraded, very pleased to find that I'm in possession of the entire grasshopper/DT line (GH, GHII, DT-01 (fighter buggy), DT-02 (sand viper)) all as original versions, just need to treat myself to a DT-03 to complete the line-up, also have a number of other Tamiya cars

Question is what to do with them, not being funny but I a big middle-aged fella and I'm a bit uncomfortable with standing by myself in a car park playing with my 'toys', I could join one of the local clubs but I don't think my gear is going to compete (and I do like Tamiya stuff), there appears to be a very good local bashers group but they are focused on 1/5 scale stuff, what do people do? - or should I just enjoy them from a model building perspective?

• Thanks 1

Welcome to MSUK :)

There's plenty of Tamiya lovers and bashers out there including myself :P 

Most groups are happy for anyone to tag along regardless of what RC they have. What part of the midlands are you in? You will be surprised of how many people pop up local to you with the same interest :good: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks :) - I'm in Cradley Heath, I've now got a few of my old cars (M-04l BMW, DT-01 Fighter Buggy, TL-01b Baja Champ) up and running again along basic upgrades (ball raced, oil shocks, ESCs, motors, pinions), so would love to give them run out :)