• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My 5ive

Sully

It’s a bit late but thought I’d start a thread for my losi just so I can keep all my questions/experiences in one place.

The story so far, last year I was in a position to buy a new losi so I jumped in with both feet, it’s an absolutely fantastic bit of kit.

I’ve changed and added a few things,

Front/rear chassis brace

Front/rear skid plate

Aluminium steering arm

Front chassis steering brace

Reinforced the shell

Front/rear windows

Rear wing

Edging trim around the shell

Aluminium Center diff mount set *

Rock armour servo brace*

Kill switch*

* not fitted yet

I’ve no intention of ever racing but I have taken it on a track a few times (mmr) and can’t stop smiling,a07cd17795a14486a5a6bcb3a6c488d3.jpgive had a good few crashes all driver error but only once has it not been able to carry on after the mishap. In my relatively shot time in this hobby I would say it is the ultimate rc car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

It’s a bit late but thought I’d start a thread for my losi just so I can keep all my questions/experiences in one place.

The story so far, last year I was in a position to buy a new losi so I jumped in with both feet, it’s an absolutely fantastic bit of kit.

I’ve changed and added a few things,

Front/rear chassis brace

Front/rear skid plate

Aluminium steering arm

Front chassis steering brace

Reinforced the shell

Front/rear windows

Rear wing

Edging trim around the shell

Aluminium Center diff mount set *

Rock armour servo brace*

Kill switch*

* not fitted yet

I’ve no intention of ever racing but I have taken it on a track a few times (mmr) and can’t stop smiling,a07cd17795a14486a5a6bcb3a6c488d3.jpgive had a good few crashes all driver error but only once has it not been able to carry on after the mishap. In my relatively shot time in this hobby I would say it is the ultimate rc car

Looks and sounds very good, everynoe seems to be making threads of these at the moment, and it is just making me want one more!

Still, enjoy yours and I will be interested in your experiences and questions and things.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New exhaust and only 1 of the orange rear springs fitted, couldn’t get bolt out of other shock it’s just spinning in the lower arm7d014adf9558ed8d906c593bdb2545b2.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/12/2017 at 21:40, Rover Man said:

Dont forget the silver bolts are LEFT hand thread ;)

I almost ruined the thread the first time I tried 'unscrewing' one of these silver bolts, what's the reason for them over the normal right hand screw bolts? I can't fathom a reason for them :huh:

9 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Interestingly, it's always my left Baja shock bolt that comes out.

Didn't think of this as the reason for it.

Stuck a nut on the back now though.

I've never experienced this on my Baja before or any rc for that matter. It must occur when the thread of the plastic is quite worn and loose then 

5 minutes ago, coolas4k said:

I've never experienced this on my Baja before or any rc for that matter. It must occur when the thread of the plastic is quite worn and loose then 

Been like that since brand new, I've known it happen a bit with large scales, but never paid attention to it being the left one before.

I got it out in the end, there was only a small amount of thread on the bolt considering all others were fully threaded so don’t think it was manufactured correctly, managed to get a left hand bolt from work and cut it down to size

• 3 weeks later...