• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wifey's Kyosho inferno STR 777 conversion

• 1 month later...

Well I blew the dust of this mp777, added an old bashing shell from a T.tiger MTA MT and its ready for the kids to have a bash tomorrow!

At least when, not if, they roll it, it won't matter....I would say when it breaks but boy! It was a nightmare to just cut 1 hole at the rear it was so thick and tough....it'll need to be...:D

tbc8HGj.jpg

T592yGR.jpg

wZKc72e.jpg

tbBVsHu.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ran a castle 1717 in a Truggy??

As the protech is having a rest, I thought it would be a shame to waste the 1717 and vxl8 ESC.

I stripped the diff at the same time for a fresh oil change etc

Fiorini spur from Memory

OBhGzTf.jpg

The s.oil had blended with what I know to be purely from smell !!! Is molybdenum grease

OEjjSxL.jpg

I checked diff gears, they look like new unused:huh:

BTJJJUP.jpg

Also made a small carbon fibre stone shield for the spur, pics are a bit out focus!

5gbEYyb.jpg

pIveQ5e.jpg

zDPJIOI.jpg

02IfWHK.jpg

EtmLAe6.jpg

It will run the ripmax servo again!! I love that servo!

Probably do a 4s / 6s comparison video on a 19t pinion.....hopefully before the diff / proline crime fighters let go of themselves.....

Edited by Fly In My Soup

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, brit_bulldog said:

Hi,

I think so, but not sure we still get them, The spiral was preffered choice from the racers.

Cheers, I ended up getting more gearsets than i would of hoped for!!

Spent well over £100 on gears now...eeek... As I want the option to under drive the rear diff ....although I'm fairly sure that 33/8 will be too much difference to 43/10!

going for the IS101+102 spiral cut moly chrome 43t/10t at the moment

But also have the straight cuts here now too in case / when the others wear out....

This threads at an end now in some ways!! As I've used the running gear to make 'plastic fantastic' (see the truggies section)

• 1 year later...

Do you have a parts list for this conversion?  I have an MP7.5 that I converted to electric, and I'd love to turn it into an ST-R. or some flavor.  I realize this thread is slightly old, but hopefully you guys are still around, this was the only thread i found through google.