• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My new (to me) 1/5th scale... Kraken Vekta.5

Carpmart

Couple of years back really that long. Damn. 

These are beauties and look like ther faster that 5ive in some videos the vecta is gone off the line and still leading coming back round. They also take the crown from slednecks 5ive as being a true rc machine closer to MX than models/toys. Well imo anyway. True rugged look. 

24 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Couple of years back really that long. Damn. 

These are beauties and look like ther faster that 5ive in some videos the vecta is gone off the line and still leading coming back round. They also take the crown from slednecks 5ive as being a true rc machine closer to MX than models/toys. Well imo anyway. True rugged look. 

Youve got me doubting myself now mate?.. :unsure:

The attraction is definitely the style, I 100% agree with you @RCbutcher:good:   I've owned most other largescale cars, so it's an itch I wanted to scratch... :D 

From what i’ve seen of the Vekta, they desperately need a good strong engine to get them moving at a good rate - local chap with one showed me a video with a stock G320 on box stock gearing and it barely moved!

It’s now got an OBR G320 Full Mod and it’s just as rapid as my X2 with a stock G320 on stock gearing :) 

Only problems he’s had with it was the rear drive shaft parted twice on two separate occasions in two different places - both resulting in the fuel tank getting destroyed, other than that he’s not had any trouble with the plastics breaking like i’ve seen with many others.

• Thanks 1

If you have any problems don't mention it on Facebook groups. The fanboys will descend like vultures :lol:

They do need a decent clutch spring like the 9500k and if it has the stock tranny plates make sure the bearings have bearing retainer. Only other problem really is the drive train pins. Kraken just machine a very slight concave in the centre of them, but even with red threadlock on the grub screw it's not enough to hold them in. If you dremel a rectangular notch in them it stops them slipping out and costing you more cash.

• Thanks 1