• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vintage tamiya subaru brat resto help

Rcburt

Hi i have been in the rc world for a few years now but have decided to start restoring vintage tamiya rcs i have purchased a subaru brat and was wanting to know where i could possibly get vintage parts to refub it ebay is not coming up trumps at the moment any help will be good

I've recently completed a restoration and repurpose of a tamiya brat body using mixture of original and re-release parts sourced from Ebay.  

As for the other bits of that model there is a good bunch of tamiya buffs on here that may be able to point you in the right direction. 

Might be worth paying  a subscription to Tamiyaclub.com it can come in handy every so often. You get full access to the forum and trade sections plus its a bit like here, someone somewhere knows something.

• Like 1

Is it the big black plastic bumper?

if so, I have one of those :good:

if its it's just minor bits then re release parts will be fine, things for these are getting a bit thin on the ground now, luckily I have a few bits spare and ready although mine hasn't been run yet :whistling:

Yeah i have been looking i have everything i need now i was also wanting to know if there is any thing i can do to get the grey chassis looking like new as it has like a yellow ish stain on it dont know if the sun has fadded it or what it is