• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hell horns axial yeti build.

Hell horn.

I now I will get a bill for it. But have put money aside for that in my budget for it. I did look at rc mart. But it didn't work out any better. So just went with vanquish themselves. Next money should be available end of the week. So going to do an order for drive parts. An some more battery packs.  

Ordered a couple of bits for the yeti. A scale chain for it. A couple of tools to sort the new axle when it arrives.  Some longer rod ends. And some stickers if I decide to use them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Have ordered some red and blue led lights for it now. Will just have to make up a set myself. 

What colour are you wanting?

I am using these at the moment and even just hooked up to a 7.4v LiPo they are bright enough, indoors at least.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Pre-Wired-LEDs-3mm-5mm-10mm-Various-Colours-Lamp-Wired-LED-9V-12-Volts-UK/262762466125?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=561727686070&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Second from the left is actually orange but my camera picked it up as red :boredlook:

DSC_8762

• Like 1

On 13/11/2017 at 23:56, Oh How Original said:

You're the first person I've ever heard of getting caught from RCmart, they mark everything at $10 from my roughly 120ish orders.

Very very unlucky if you got caught from them.

For the first time, I didn't pay duties from them. Good thing too as it was some SSD wheels!

1 hour ago, Hell horn. said:

For now. 2 red 2 blue. But might change that. Now just waiting for parts to arive. And my check to clear. And I can order the next parts. 

Well mine came out nice from that place and for 2mm or 5mm it's only £2.30 for a string of 5 which I think is good, I've bought a string of 5 5mm ones of every colour they do, apart from UV, because I'm not sure how that would look, but it gives me options for down the road and handily, they mark the bags with what colour they are, unlike some other places!

• Like 1

So my vanquish order is now in Gloucester but I have to wait for a letter about import tax before I can pay it and then receive the items. Can't they just send me an e-mail so its faster. 

And my second vanquish order is now on its way to. 

9 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

So my vanquish order is now in Gloucester but I have to wait for a letter about import tax before I can pay it and then receive the items. Can't they just send me an e-mail so its faster. 

And my second vanquish order is now on its way to. 

Ring them, they'll let you pay as soon as it hits the UK, no need to wait for the letter, they can do it off your tracking number.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Its crazy. I ordered 3 things from America. Some vanquish parts.  An axial servo horn and a sheet of stickers. Vanquish parts I paid for express post. Other 2 I did not. So I have the other 2 already. And still waiting for the vanquish stuff. 

The letter should be pretty quick. I've always received it the day after it gets released from customs at Heathrow.

The speed of processing can depend on a bunch of things, like which duty code it's marked with and I don't think they process at weekends either. Better get used to this in the coming years.

Edited by mond

I have paid import stuff before but never with parcel force. They do seem to take the **** with it a bit. Every other company I used I have had an e mail or phone call as soon as they now about it and got it sorted the same day. 

Edited by Hell horn.

Something to note abou paying for express.

Did your other two parcels have tracking?

I'd guess no.... It seems stuff without tracking can slip through, even marked at full value, they seem to not check them as much, perhaps thinking if nobody wanted tracking it can't be expensive.

It's sometimes best to just go for cheapy postage and it often arrives quicker, from the states anyway.

China is hit and miss on both but my RCmart stuff is here already with no customs lol, win win.