• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hell horns axial yeti build.

Hell horn.

Cool cool. Do you run the rear light bar in your yeti.as I'm trying to find a set of red and blue lens fit it. But have had no luck finding anything for it. Any idea dude.

52 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Cool cool. Do you run the rear light bar in your yeti.as I'm trying to find a set of red and blue lens fit it. But have had no luck finding anything for it. Any idea dude.

I don't, but any 5mm LEDs will work, Axial sell them, Yeah Racing sell them, check RCmart mate, they have both brands :) just be sure to get ones that run on 3s if you run 3s etc... 

I just have the two up front, but I've stumbled upon an RC4WD copy lightbar, it's just under 5" and I was thinking of trying it on the front because it's only 15quid.

If it turns out to be crap, it's not £70 wasted.

Cool cool. I have 4 5mm ones in it now. Just wanted to fit some lens to change the color of it. So might have to buy 4 leds and make a set up then.I just wanted to make it look Better. More looking needed then 

Ohhh, for changing the colour, you have to buy the complete clear parts tree, it's about £25!

I was lucky enough to find someone who didn't want his and he sent me it FOC, which was really neat.

I might eventually use them, or I would send them onto you and you can colour them with a sharpie, but changing the LED colour is the way to go IMO.

two red, one orange, one blue, for the full U4 effect :D 

Axial part number; ax80049

I just remembered why it's so expensive, because you need 4 of the damn things.

Which is annoying since you only need one from each, now it's coming back to me which I had troubles lol.

I think your best bet would be wanted adverts and try finding someone with 4 of those trees, then ask them to buy just the ones you need, that's what I did but the guy sent me all 4 trees FOC, he wouldn't even give me his PP to send postage money lol.

I got very lucky though.

So I have ordered some light lens for the car. Is it best to color the led or the lens. Also sold a load of my Lego. So when I have out the cash in to the bank. I will be making an order for a rear axle and other shiny parts. 

6 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

So I have ordered some light lens for the car. Is it best to color the led or the lens. Also sold a load of my Lego. So when I have out the cash in to the bank. I will be making an order for a rear axle and other shiny parts. 

What rear axle you going for?

As for lights, you're way better off going for coloured LEDs, they give far better colour, if you colour lenses, they will still look a bit white and for every coat of colour, they'll also be less bright as well.

Kind of though that. But I have a 4 set of leds all wired up and fitted. So don't really want to have to pull that all apart and have to mess about with More. 

As for axle. Not decided yet. Any recommendations for one. 

37 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Axle wise. Price is not really a problem. Don't mind what it costs as long as its good. 

I've been looking at the Vanquish Currie Rock Jock on RCmart, it comes to about £141ish, I know someone selling a brand new one, but he wants £130, so it seems a bit more viable to order brand new, with warranty and you get to build it up yourself.

I also looked at the Currie F9 one, which looks great, I couldn't make up my mind though so bought other stuff instead :lol: 

RCmart is a good place to look though, they also have the SSD diamond axles which look great and Chris (owner of SSD) is in the UK, so good customer service too :good:

Beef tubes and clamping lockouts solves most of the problems with plastic AR60s. I've a pair of Vanquish OCP v2's on my Barbarian that are fantastic though. I assume the F9 is even better.

I didn't know SSD was in the UK. Their stuff is always cheaper to buy abroad.

Edited by mond

13 hours ago, mond said:

Beef tubes and clamping lockouts solves most of the problems with plastic AR60s. I've a pair of Vanquish OCP v2's on my Barbarian that are fantastic though. I assume the F9 is even better.

I didn't know SSD was in the UK. Their stuff is always cheaper to buy abroad.

Chris doesn't sell stuff himself, funnily enough, a bit like Chris who owns Hemistorm lol, they are strict on not selling things to undercut shops, plus it's less work for them having a full website and having to post things etc...

RCmart is always best for SSD and Vanquish, but RCbitz is also good for SSD stuff.

15 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Lol. I have a bit of money at the moment. So why not. And scratched up looks better. I keep telling myself that and all will be ok. 

I'd invest in steering before a shiny axle though, that will be most likely to get on your nerves if you're still using the standard set up, the Vanquish assembly solves all that :good: