• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My KM002 Baja - Story/Purchase Post :)

CecilB

Just now, Bladey said:

Yeah it's just a bit to big for me and I prefer the look of the traditional baja, not sure why they wouldn't build one with the 34cc engine, as King Motors are selling them, but there you go.

Fair enough. I have no experience with them, other than looking at lots and wanting one! I imagine the Baja's are slightly easier to move and take places, although as I said I don't really know.  Not sure why they would not put the engine on the normal baja chassis, other than if there were clearance issues as it is a fair bit bigger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zannu said:

Fair enough. I have no experience with them, other than looking at lots and wanting one! I imagine the Baja's are slightly easier to move and take places, although as I said I don't really know.  Not sure why they would not put the engine on the normal baja chassis, other than if there were clearance issues as it is a fair bit bigger.

Can't be any issues with them as King Motors are selling them direct

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/1/5-gasoline-buggy/upgraded-2017-1/5-scale-ksrc-002-34cc-gas-rtr-baja-buggy/

• Like 1

Just now, Bladey said:

Can't be any issues with them as King Motors are selling them direct

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/1/5-gasoline-buggy/upgraded-2017-1/5-scale-ksrc-002-34cc-gas-rtr-baja-buggy/

Ah, I hadn't seen that site before. In that case I have no idea why RCModelz does not stock them, but I am sure they have reasons. May even be that they are getting some that are not yet here. You never know.

Other than the body and the roll hoop the Blade is exactly the same car as a KM/HPI 5T (taller tyres than 5b). It is actually lighter than a 5B as you need less braces and bits of roll cage, wing etc etc, and boy is the 34CC with the pig tale pipe quick! Quick as my Stock Zen320 motor in the other car which has a better side pipe.

Anyway - dream on as RCModelz seems to be out of stock on most things anyhow.

The great thing is with the Baja platform, you can start with a blade config, and then change it to a 5b config with the funds for a second hand body and shell if you want. And there are a load of options including big bores, twins, sandrails etc etc inbetween.

If enough people ask John at RCModelz for a specific car from the factory, I am sure he can include some in the next stock order, so long as you can wait ;):lol:

20 minutes ago, Bladey said:

Yes it is thank you, Dam ebay fee's!!!

out of interest how much is the 34 rebuild kit and what would is cost to be fitted by you, as a final package price?

thanks

The rebuild kit is only £110.

If you'relooking to pay labour you may as well buy the complete 34 engine and swap them out and sell on the 29cc as labour is £25 per hour

13 minutes ago, rdarsa said:

Other than the body and the roll hoop the Blade is exactly the same car as a KM/HPI 5T (taller tyres than 5b). It is actually lighter than a 5B as you need less braces and bits of roll cage, wing etc etc, and boy is the 34CC with the pig tale pipe quick! Quick as my Stock Zen320 motor in the other car which has a better side pipe.

The great thing is with the Baja platform, you can start with a blade config, and then change it to a 5b config with the funds for a second hand body and shell if you want. And there are a load of options including big bores, twins, sandrails etc etc inbetween.

If enough people ask John at RCModelz for a specific car from the factory, I am sure he can include some in the next stock order, so long as you can wait ;):lol:

It's mostly area rc that is out of stock as they are slow on production.

If enough interest is shown in a product we do get them in but in regards to the 002 buggy the 29cc is the most popular starting car.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/11/2017 at 19:08, rdarsa said:

I believe rcmodelz will have the KM Blade back in stock in a few weeks.....so my question is, which one do you think is quicker? The Blade with the 34cc engine or the Baja with the 29cc engine, and which one is a better all round package? 

The Blade! - That 34cc has huge mid range shove with that pig tale exhaust (I use 19/55 gearing) - plenty enough to be way quicker round a track than a 29. Its genuinely as good as a Zen320 (which I have also on another car). But don't know about longevity yet - as its only done about a dozen tanks. So far so good!

Edited by rdarsa

2 minutes ago, rdarsa said:

The Blade! - That 34cc has huge mid range shove with that pig tale exhaust - plenty enough to be way quicker round a track than a 29. Its genuinely as good as a Zen320 (which I have also on another car). But don't know about longevity yet - as its only done about a dozen tanks. So far so good!

Well if it's based on a Baja, then it should be as reliable as one hey, ok thanks fella, I didn't like the look of it at first, but it's growing on me, and it's different to the norm, it's the performance and the extra ride height which is exciting, how does it handle on fast bends? It's a beast!!

If you compare it to all the other cages other than the 5b it is way lower and more in scale in my opinion - because you have a cage (which really doesn't weigh much, and only a bit of it is above the engine, you really don't need the braces and metal on the suspension to make it stronger, so the car is remarkably tough yet can stay light - with that 34cc engine you are in for a fun time - and the 5T thinner wheels (get the rcmodelz big nobbly jobs for the rear) - soak up the bumps better than the fatter lower profile 5b tyres - its different enough from my 5b 2 speed to keep it interesting and handles very well with 7k diff fluid - even the stock servos and 6v electric are impressive.

My 5b 2 speed loaded with metal braces, weights about 4kg more than the blade - something like 13kg v 18kg!

Edited by rdarsa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Blade is going sweet - still starts first pull, zero complaints - still quick enough to compete with others - plenty more videos to come when it warms up a bit:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...