• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My scx10 project truck.

After a bit messing around tonight. My lights are 90% sorted. Just need to fit 2 more in light bar. And find where the smaller front one has come lose. Might add 2 side lights at some point. But that's a big might. 

Edited by Hell horn.

So trying to get the wheel arch kit to glue on is bloody impossible. Any ideas guys.  I have used super glue and 2 part epoxy. Also used shoe goo. No luck with any of it. They just pull away from the body. 

On a better note. Lights are now sorted. 

So getting there with it. 

More work done on lighting. Need to swap out 2 rear leds as I put in blue by mistake. And have ordered some scale bits for the body. 

Edited by Hell horn.

On 22/03/2018 at 21:22, Hell horn. said:

So trying to get the wheel arch kit to glue on is bloody impossible. Any ideas guys.  I have used super glue and 2 part epoxy. Also used shoe goo. No luck with any of it. They just pull away from the body. 

On a better note. Lights are now sorted. 

So getting there with it. 

Have you keyed the two mating surfaces with sandpaper before epoxying??

Failing that, try some very small scale screws

Gave the body a sand first. No luck. Also have some small screws.  Only problem is. From the out side. Its to close to the lip of the body to drill a hole in it. As it just drills on the edge and then it pulls away still. And From behind.  Then the front of the arch pulls down and gets in the way. If you see what I'm trying to say. 

I have ordered a hard set that's made for the deadbolt body. And fits on with 5 small screws. So should be sorted. 

So wheel arch kit is fitted. 3 attempts to glue them. Seems to be holding this time. So just have to wait for it to set. 

Hopefully this time it will hold when I remove the tape holding them in place. 

Have to head in to town tomorrow so might pick up some paint and bits. 

Made up a small gear cover. It was open and I didn't want anything getting in it. Simple. But it works. Also have some scale parts waiting for me at my local shop. So hopefully get them after work. 

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1

So spent the evening fiddling with the car. Wires are a bit more neat Now. Is that's nice. Body is now sitting better. Just need to adjust the rear bumper. And cut down some body posts. 

So I got some stuff in the post today. 

2 sets of gds 100mm shocks. As the last set I could not get to work. With any oil in them they just would not move. So have up and ordered a different set. All good. Just need to find the right springs and oil for them now. 

Also got a scale tool box in the post.  So that's fitted now. 

Also been out for its first run out side today.  Just in the small car park behind my place. Bit of mud to drive in. A small bank to try out the drag brake. And some small steps to try out. All good. Lost a wheel nut as soon as I went out. No idea how.  But sorted now. Also made a battery holder that now sits just in front of the rear wheels. So better then I was. 

Just some small bits to fiddle with to get right. And set up. 

Edited by Hell horn.

So my high lift jack arrived yesterday. Very nice. Have now ordered some scale bungee cord to hold it done. 

Edited by Hell horn.

• 3 months later...

So this started as a scout. It now has not one scout part left. The rails are just axial scx10 rails off e bay. And the plate is a scx10 gearbox mount. Again off eBay. 

Thinking I might sell it to fund a new car. 

Thanks.  I have 2wraith builds I use more now. And a hpi truck. A lrp S10 I'm converting. And now a losi 8ight 3 to play with. And I have just gutted a hsp yeti copy so my son can play with it. I have more RC cars then I can use. So might sell some. 

• Haha 1