• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Me-432 4 bolt engine help please

BlackoutXb

Hi guys

My names rob and im new to this forum, i own a revo 3.3, savage 5.9 xl, savage flux hp, and short lived but i did own a savage octane lol....

I've recently managed to purchase a new blackout xb for next to nothing from a dealer selling old stock, Its the new 32 cc 4 bolt engine model number ME-432.....

Im struggling to find any hop up engine parts directly for the maverick black out and ive also tried redcats version with not much luck..

I keep reading various things about a baja 5b 32 cc engine, Can you guys tell me if this is the same engine ? Will parts from this engine fit mine ? Or is mine just a cheap copy of the baja engine...

Sorry for all the questions, had many nitros and electric cars but this is my first petrol 5th scale. I had a octane but it never ran out the box lol, least this one started lol...

Any help would be great guys

rob 

Thanks for your help guys...

The engine in mine looks to be exactly the same as a baja 5b just a smaller carb on mine. 

I took a gamble and won a ddm air filter on ebay that fits a 5b. Looks to be the same two bolt hole design so figera crossed it fits mine. 

If any one can shed any light I'd be most grateful..

Thanks guys

Yeah I think you're carb would be the standard generic size to any 23-32cc 2stroke engine.

Unfortunately the maverick me engine series is a clone of a clone.... cheap copy of a CY engine, manufactured in china under the brand HY, instead of Taiwan like CY.

Himoto/redcat seems to like using them as well...

Stick a tuned pipe on it and abuse it until it pops, then go for a zenoah g320, or there's new 35.8cc mills going cheap on eBay, allthough there not great.

You're lucky to have a platform that can accept a larger range of motors, my contrast buggy wot accept anything higher than 29cc thanks to the size of the crankcase on anything bigger

Edited by Fly In My Soup