• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Hyper

Cheers guys :D

And yeah I thought the same about the diff oils but I really can't complain about the way it drives. No wheelies (the reason I started low in the centre) and it doesn't seem to be unloading anywhere. It has plenty of power in corners etc. so I think I'll leave them as they are for now :thumbsup:

Very nice, like the attention to detail, very tidy, like the s/s cap head bolts.  Tell me about the nail polish (or if you'd rather not, I'd quite understand)?!  Seriously, I've got a couple of H7 shells with horrible great nitro cut outs and I'm trying to work out the best way of sealing em up without it looking too pikey...  Currently using some wrap both sides, stuck in the middle but want something a bit more 'solid'.

20 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Tell me about the nail polish

Well you know how it is, everyone has got to have a hobby lol

But na basically I didn't have any paint :D I've gone double skin with the .5mm lexan (like £2 for an A4 sheet of ebay). What I will say it that I did the engine hole last and then captain hindsight arrived....stick on the outer layer, paint the inside of that and then stick on the inner layer. The fuel tank hole and exhaust holes are painted on the very inside and don't look as good imo. 

I did try heating it to get the curves in but it said no so in the end I just went with minor "folds". Kind of rolling it in my fingers like rolling a fag to get the curves to set.

Ahh, ok that makes sense.  I was going to use a cut up basics water bottle - nice and thin, none of this 'taste the difference' thick placcy malarkey.  But at that price may just go with proper lexan - do you think you cold have used thinner lexan (if available)?  And did you use lexan paint for the touching in? 

Could have got away with thinner stuff but I don't know how well it would hold up, this stuff is wafer thin as it is (dunno if it's clear but I used 0.5mm).

The original nitro shell I painted some 10 years ago with lexan paint it, was just the new bits I used the nail polish on :) 

*edit*

Ebay is rubbish, I'm sure it's .5 but my China calipers are saying .2/.3 and naturally my eBay purchase history doesn't go that far back :( 

It is very thin. Bank statement paper thin so maybe not quite .5 :) 

Edited by Ross9999992

Yeah mate, not really killed a shock for a long time now (well nothing serious that I haven't got spares to cover anyway) but once I get through my spare stock stuff I'll deffo consider them.

Nice to see what I was planning can work -  fixing the holes in nitro shell. Didn't really fancy buying new shells for all the hypers @ 25 quid plus each. 

Good work, looks good. I'm planning on similar but with some vinyl over the top to cover what I'm sure will be shoddy work on my part. :D

4 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Yeah mate, not really killed a shock for a long time now (well nothing serious that I haven't got spares to cover anyway) but once I get through my spare stock stuff I'll deffo consider them.

If u do kill em I have  few sets here:good:

On 09/06/2017 at 18:26, Smoothybb said:

Nice to see what I was planning can work -  fixing the holes in nitro shell.

Yeah I had mine just duct taped up before. Well I had made pillars for the rear window from card and stuff to make the shape ofc (yes I have some minor ocd lol). But I really wanted something more permanent.

It may not look as good as an uncut shell but like you said, they are like £25 odd + paints. This was £2 for a lexan sheet, some shoe goo I was getting in for general use and some nail varnish that was "lying about" :D 

@evssv I'm not against the stock shocks so I will deffo bear that in mind :good:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...