• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's the best rally car

Jack1811

Thinking of buying a brushless rally around the 1/8 1/10 scale 

been looking at the...

vaterra rallycross Ford Fiesta 

team associated pro rally 

Kyosho Drx xe 

Losi 10 rally x 

happy to hear any other suggestions 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the vaterra rallycross and it is brilliant, quite large but this means it can handle much tougher terrain and faster than my wr8, its easier to drive and tough as well, got some vids on YouTube of me and my mate bashing them and they are great, think they're about 300 quid at the mo, well worth it, just get raptor wheels as replacements cos the stock wheels don't like 3s! Only real weak part of the car, not as loopy as the wr8 but you can have more fun with it, front posts are crap too but that's a minor complaint! Wish there was more rally RC out at the mo, I love them!

Quite like the look of the Vaterra Rallycross, I prefer the larger RC.. last year I would've gone for the Basher BSR but they're no longer available. My Hooligan is a decent size, larger than the wr8, but smaller than the Losi and Associated rallycars. My only grumble with it is it's way too light as well, as a result it's bossed around by the heavier (including the wr8) rallycars on the track - but it's bluddy quick and handles so well!

Reckon you have to get a vaterra! The only place ive seen it still in stock is up for 270, absolute bargain id get another but im a bit fed up of fiestas now, surely there are other licenses available?! Not sure if you could mention other websites but its easy to find, just nice that you can rag it most places and its pretty stable, as opposed to the wr8 that suffers a bit in rough rough terrain, id be gutted when these are all gone and i didnt have one, great fun, 

2 hours ago, Gurushastry said:

Bloody hell! Just get one if they got stock, get one now!!

Are they a nice handling car? Tempted myself but can't at the moment..

I had a associated pro rally and couldn't fault the handling at all.

if I were in the market for a rally car, I would try to find a pro rally first, some bargains to be had :good:

Perhaps show a picture of the tyres after running on 6S [emoji4]

You'll be surprised :D I only blow tyres whilst doing donuts [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The vaterras quite a solid handler, on Avc you can chuck it around and its great and due to the size it doesn't get thrown around like mad, handles bumps well, rear just hangs on so it looks\feels like a rallycar as opposed to the wr8 which feels more rear drive dominated, I'll get a link for our crappy vids, off avc its harder to control but not to the level of the wr8 where its rare you can throttle it without it wanting to spin, 

My mates vaterra (missing spoiler so we can tell ours apart when we head to head) against my Losi Scbe, cant remember if there was any of the vaterras racing each other but im sure there is, we usually forget to film cos theyre such a laugh, bear in mind the vaterra was on 2s and the losi was 2s lihv, i think anyway, ill have a look meself in a sec, might be 3s against lihv 2s cos the lihv really went well in the losi but i wont put 3s in the losi, vaterra is fine though, also got some vids of the vaterras on jumps but all the vids are auto edited so they're pretty crap, 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gurushastry said:

The vaterras quite a solid handler, on Avc you can chuck it around and its great and due to the size it doesn't get thrown around like mad, handles bumps well, rear just hangs on so it looks\feels like a rallycar as opposed to the wr8 which feels more rear drive dominated, I'll get a link for our crappy vids, off avc its harder to control but not to the level of the wr8 where its rare you can throttle it without it wanting to spin, 

I'm able to go full throttle as much as I want with my wr8 even on 4-6s. I can turn on my gyro if I want to be able to control it. But yeah I can go full throttle on mine :D 

I can and I can't on mine, having a small issue with the wr8 and its steering, if it rolls then some where along the line it knocks the steering out a bit, so you adjust it quickly with the trim knob and carry on doing this until you can't adjust it anymore and then you have to just put up with it, gonna have a proper look in a bit and see what is going on, pretty sure I know what it is, just bloody annoying.

At least get it sorted for tomorrow, I made a ****ty jump so tomorrow may be painful!

Nearly got a dbox to see if this solves all issues but I might just chuck a spare avc receiver on it and see how I go, would any one recommend a dbox over avc, obviously side stepping the whole "real men don't use traction control" etc 

If you upgrade your steering rack, you won't have that problem. That's what I done to mine and it's been great. The dbox was a little too expensive for me to be fair, so I got the skyrc gc301 which has served me well. Only use it on tarmac as it's very tail happy on 4-6s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Use a better servo than stock and use alu servo horn. The stock wr8 servo can't handle the weight and power on tarmac.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

• Like 1