• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spanky's Hyper ST Pro - Hong Nor Force 32/Savox etc

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Spanky5000 said:

Awesome man! 

Get it a thread and some pics up :good:

i would if its the pro version but its only standard.

really do need to get some pro bits though.

Just realised there are a few more parts - front steering assembly too cover/plate thing in metal, front suspension tower "cover" piece, cnc centre diff mount, cnc front knuckles

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281952361321 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371689455217 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161770951762 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302175037271 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371618545633 

A few examples there dude :)

Hah yeah, I've just looked through the manual for mine to see what the upgraded parts are and I think that's pretty much it altogether.

there are a couple of st pro parts for sale on here or at least have been recently

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Good evening all!

Jeez I haven't updated this in a long time ha!

So the truggy has been out a handful of times since last updating this thread. Not really used it as much as I would've liked to/should've done TBF!

As of late, I've been having a little trouble with getting it running/keeping it idling and steady.

Set the engine (Hong Nor Force. 32 / OS #8 plug / Byron Gen2 25%) back to factory settings a couple of days ago  and got it running but under throttle it'd bog down and then rev up but would cut out towards full throttle.

Couldn't get it started then as glow igniter was dying.

Went to start today, realised fuel wouldn't go into the carb so figured it was blocked.

Stripped the carb and cleaned it through with meth spirits and WD-40, put it all back together but then it was idling really high/revving and wanting to move forwards. 

Tried turning the idle screw to close the gap but it didn't do much. Then it was struggling to start and stay running a few times after this.

Where would you guys start with these symptoms so I can get it running and idling steady to let it warm up so I can then start to tune if from factory settings again?

Thanks for reading haha and I'm looking forward to any replies! 👍🏽

21 hours ago, Spanky5000 said:

Good evening all!

Jeez I haven't updated this in a long time ha!

So the truggy has been out a handful of times since last updating this thread. Not really used it as much as I would've liked to/should've done TBF!

As of late, I've been having a little trouble with getting it running/keeping it idling and steady.

Set the engine (Hong Nor Force. 32 / OS #8 plug / Byron Gen2 25%) back to factory settings a couple of days ago  and got it running but under throttle it'd bog down and then rev up but would cut out towards full throttle.

Couldn't get it started then as glow igniter was dying.

Went to start today, realised fuel wouldn't go into the carb so figured it was blocked.

Stripped the carb and cleaned it through with meth spirits and WD-40, put it all back together but then it was idling really high/revving and wanting to move forwards. 

Tried turning the idle screw to close the gap but it didn't do much. Then it was struggling to start and stay running a few times after this.

Where would you guys start with these symptoms so I can get it running and idling steady to let it warm up so I can then start to tune if from factory settings again?

Thanks for reading haha and I'm looking forward to any replies! 👍🏽

Might have an air leak around the carb if you took it out. 

8 hours ago, Jumper said:

Might have an air leak around the carb if you took it out. 

Thanks dude! Managed to actually get it started up and running 😁

5 hours ago, 1111 said:

I doubt you cleaned out the spray nozzle meter .  Cleaning a carb with wd-40 is bad as well as meth spirits. If there are o-rings inside then you probably ruined them. The bogging and high rev are blockage inside the carb. You will have to use a small pin vice drill set to clean out the blockage in the spray meter nozzle check the high needle too..  Reassemble  the carb  and test  to make sure the blockage is gone by  blowing on attached fuel line. You should air escaping when carb is at idle setting and open full throttle. If this engine is used then I would tear it down all the way and inspect the piston/sleeve  and color inside. 

I stripped the whole carb down and cleaned everything and blew out the spray nozzle meter. Cleaning a carb with WD-40 or methylated spirits isn't necessarily bad and neither attack rubber so I'm not worried about the O-rings.

Fuel was flowing fine through the carb after I put it all back together as I was able to blow fuel all the way up and through the carb whereas I wasn't able to prior to cleaning it as I suspect there was a blockage in the carb fuel inlet.

It is now a used engine as it's mine that I bought when I built the car and ran it in from brand-new as per this build thread... 

I got the car started today by opening up the throttle trim on the transmitter and then turned it down once started so I could then balance out the idle screw. Also the lsn was far too rich due to being set back to factory settings so with this leaned off it brought the revs right back down so I could start calming down the idle 👍🏽

The receiver battery pack died as it's been on whilst I've been trying with the car the past couple of days so will have to look into a higher mAh battery for the receiver in due course for better run times.

A step in the right direction today though at least as it's now firing and will run so I'll have another look at it over the next couple of days and work on getting it tuned 👍🏽

Edited by Spanky5000