• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dji mavic pro

sean-vrs

I don't own one but have flown on. It's much like the phantom 4 tho there isn't enough play in the gimble so if you stop fast the camera kind bashes the chassis. I also found the controller pressed the button on my phone all the time (very annoying)

However it's a doddle to fly and gets great footage :)

• Like 1

ive got one and i honestly think its the best RC i have ever purchased.

The technology that has gone into this thing is totally mind blowing, and it really gives you a taste of what the future is going to look like with drones.

So far ive had absolutely 0 problems. From my research i have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of crashes and flyaways are actually due to pilot error. If you do decide to get one i highly recommend you completely familiarize yourself with all the menus and functions. 

I personally couldn't recommend buying a mavic enough, its such and easy and rewarding drone which produces absolutely stunning images and video.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

• Like 3

I found a thread on an eBay seller who had pre sold something like 50 odd mavic pros, I just wonder if they got them or if it was the biggest RC scam ever.

id love one, I've asked my very catalog when/if they are stocking them, but they don't know the answer.

I went out yesterday for a day out around Guildford, this would of been perfect for a bit of fun chucked in the backpack!

i buy my quads from my catalogue, mainly to spread the cost, I know it's not a cheap way but hey ho. I'm sure they will get the mavic soon, I'll just keep checking!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 12:39, Bigjimknickers said:

I went out yesterday for a day out around Guildford, this would of been perfect for a bit of fun chucked in the backpack!

i buy my quads from my catalogue, mainly to spread the cost, I know it's not a cheap way but hey ho. I'm sure they will get the mavic soon, I'll just keep checking!

Argos does a pay monthly card, and has the DJI Mavic on its site, but can't seem to find any in stock anywhere

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Mavic in stock on my Very catalogue !!

i was very tempted to get one  but they rushed a lot of them out the factory's  and a lot had issues.  so i might hold on for a while.

Been flying for the past 10 years, started off with helis as a hobby, built several quads and had phantoms 1, 2 and 3. Now do it for a living with P3 advanced, inspire and commercial grade hex.... For the money, P3 advanced I love hands down and quite a few around at half the money of the mavic 

just my 2 penneth :D 

Crashed my one last week, been to a company in London which does Mavic Pro repairs and spoke to them. Apparently their repair lots and all of the issues are to do with pilot errors! They also told me that they're easy to repair and usually don't cost much for the fix as parts by DJI designed to be cheap and serviceable.

The company called TFix and this is their DJI Mavic Pro repairs page. As they also sell drones I bought one for my son from them as well.