• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo/Receiver issue?

Only just got the car, first time powering it up. All batteries fully charged, 3300mah 3s lipo in car (don't have a suitable 2s) and 3s in transmitter. Nothing binding, it moves freely by hand.

That looks remarkably like an overheating linear regulator.

Most of the little 1A BECs are nothing more than a LM7805 or LM317. They're good for 1A for spikes, closer to 500mA for a few seconds from a 6 cell NiMh... Wagging the steering back and forth will be pushing it a fair bit. when the regulator gets really hot the output gets limited until it cools a little.

Swap the ESC for one with a switching BEC, or run a separate one. Job done.

36 minutes ago, Beige said:

That looks remarkably like an overheating linear regulator.

Most of the little 1A BECs are nothing more than a LM7805 or LM317. They're good for 1A for spikes, closer to 500mA for a few seconds from a 6 cell NiMh... Wagging the steering back and forth will be pushing it a fair bit. when the regulator gets really hot the output gets limited until it cools a little.

Swap the ESC for one with a switching BEC, or run a separate one. Job done.

I understand very little of that but it sounds like good advice :lol: I'll look into a bit and see where it gets me. Cheers.