• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nuts and Bolts

Andrew Johnson

43 minutes ago, Andrew Johnson said:

its at that point for Dremel. Thanks. What model has everyone got?

I'm in the middle of rebuilding a Hong Nor X1 CRT with a one off chassis :)

Also If you haven't already i'd invest in some quality hex tools, makes the world of difference. I use these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/eds-racing-products-4-piece-allen-driver-set-1.5-2.0-2.5-3.0mm-/rc-car-products/29674 Had them for over a year now and still have yet to even scratch them. Tips are like new still. 

• Like 1

What car/engine/pipe? Nitro is loud, some like it and some dont, go brushless if it is a problem. How long is a tank of fuel lasting? If you are on full throttle for most of time then it wont last long, anywhere between for example 10-20 mins but it depends on engine/tank size.  Some pipes are a bit quieter but usually more the nature of the tone.

1 hour ago, Andrew Johnson said:

I think it is the % of fuel I'm using I might need to higher it.

I suggest you find out the engine size or search about this model. Typically 0.12-0.18cc use 10-20% nitro fuel. The higher the %, usually the faster it goes, but it also depends how you tune it.