• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My G320 powered KM X2

Pistonhead

The dreaded Uber set up, mine lasted 20 mins before I binned it, hope it’s better for you, order yourself a gtb isolater block if your going to keep the filter 

Edited by kenny_st

the extra weight cracked my isolator block and the cage was pushing  against it which was causing  a air blockage, no matter what I did it just wouldn't work, also another guy I race/bash with lasted about 2 months then he got rid, I ended up going back to stock with mad max foam inserts, you may have better luck but I think most you have bought it have scraped it after a few months 

1 hour ago, kenny_st said:

the extra weight cracked my isolator block and the cage was pushing  against it which was causing  a air blockage, no matter what I did it just wouldn't work, also another guy I race/bash with lasted about 2 months then he got rid, I ended up going back to stock with mad max foam inserts, you may have better luck but I think most you have bought it have scraped it after a few months 

Thank you, that’s saved me a few quid, was even looking at the Crazy Stu version, even more expensive!!.:o

• 2 weeks later...

So first run on the Vipers was impressive, so much traction I actually traction rolled a few times :lol: felt like it was on rails compared to the being on ice with the stock tyres. 

Only issue being the inner beads blew off again, twice. I’ve put it down to the foams being too wide and i think flat inner beadlocks will seat better too as there’s quite a deep recess that the lipped versions were touching the top of the lip before the bead lugs we’re engaged, so i’m stripp them tomorrow and taking a half inch off the inner edge on all four. If they go after this i’m gluing them lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

First update in a while, had it out for the first time this year for a retune and shakedown after being laid up all winter because of the rain. I’m still impressed by it every time i run it, even after having it for over a year now.

First run did exactly what I wanted before bashfest, and exposed a couple of small jobs to do beforehand.

It’s was undoading the power to the inside front badly, resulting in lots of understeer and blew the inner bead off one of the fronts, and at the end of the run it shattered the front centre cv shaft pin.

Seeing as it was rather pleasant outside this afternoon i decided to get the tools out and get stuck in and was please to find nothing else wearing badly or bent, even the wheel bearings still have life left in them. Front diff is now filled properly with some 10k, which should kill the understeer.

efb3238333b6281becd363861f984309.jpg

c26988dbd2514c1cdbd7b6e85ee32de8.jpg

88d766fded63149cfe743a59a8351d60.jpg

0e1ab5d196f4151d88eac838fc603ac8.jpg

• Like 1

Nearly done with the big spends on this until i change or upgrade the engine again, i know i need stiffer rear springs to help land jumps and induce more oversteer, but i’ve seen Axis RC are doing another production run or their four piece (with beadlock rings) Race Pace wheels, so may snap up a set come end of the month. I’ve been drooling over them the second i saw em. $200 a of four ain’t bad imo [emoji4] 

aba895dd1bd930ad5b3d93643d7ab77d.jpg

4b9386b70cba1938256f73a691d1bb97.jpg

• Like 1

They are very nice wheels but how long till stones take chunks out and look haggard. Compared to other prices $200 alloys doesn't sound crazy. But the worry of curbing lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Another run, another breakage.

6d19b782e08a88963720b91dc3d91a5b.jpg

Centre diff front bearing seized solid mid run and killed the diff with it, only noticed i had an issue when i lost drive lol.

75fefaa44448bc6fd5f793b33fca9b3b.jpg

233197b390adec3edd9b1486e0e85091.jpg

95f13704047ce6f91520c7ac1971d6aa.jpg

Melted the front support and diff casing, which then destroyed the gears when they lost mesh.

Stock parts going back on until i can afford an ally diff cup and centre tower

Got sick of the Vipers popping beads every run, and the they really don’t wear well on anything other than grass and mud.

Was going to get new tyres, inserts and screws, then i saw these pre-mounts for the same money and had to have them.

63fcef68f73314a65f1fcbce9782818a.jpg

c3991e7b85dae0a36c7f351f79eea2b2.jpg

Absolutely love the way it looks now :)

fe08bc798fb2169085d9daf59bad0760.jpg

0bca48ff664584d63879fb7e335dbbe8.jpg

Just got to nip off to Sainsbury’s to pick up my Area hardened spring set and that’s it for this months spending/upgrades...

57 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

Got sick of the Vipers popping beads every run, and the they really don’t wear well on anything other than grass and mud.

Was going to get new tyres, inserts and screws, then i saw these pre-mounts for the same money and had to have them.

63fcef68f73314a65f1fcbce9782818a.jpg

c3991e7b85dae0a36c7f351f79eea2b2.jpg

Absolutely love the way it looks now :)

fe08bc798fb2169085d9daf59bad0760.jpg

0bca48ff664584d63879fb7e335dbbe8.jpg

Just got to nip off to Sainsbury’s to pick up my Area hardened spring set and that’s it for this months spending/upgrades...

Let us know how you get on with those wheels and tyres as I was looking at them for a general running/bashing tyre.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

Will do bud :thumbsup: 

I’m not running these anywhere near asphalt/concrete until they’re dead, primary they’ll be used on short grass and fine gravel.

I’m going to run the tread off the Vipers as tarmac abuse tyres and continue to run them til there’s nothing left :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Well that centre diff lasted all of 20 minutes before it stripped a bevel gear, kind of annoyed because it was all new apart from the out drives. 

Did i make the wrong choice of oil by using 500k? Heard people in the US are using 1m weight instead of lockers to give better driveline protection so thought i’d be more than safe with half that, unless i just got a duff rebuild kit?

Edit, @supersavage for the short time i did have it running, i found these new tyres have way more lateral grip than the Vipers and just as good forward traction too. Can see these being quite happy with gravel too, remains to be seen how long they last, but i’m impr so far with them.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Thanks 1