• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dragon hammer v2

pringles

It's all relative to their design briefs - a trophy truck like the Vekta etc, is designed to cross large chunks of rough, open terrain as fast as possible - whereas a wrc machine or a 5ive are meant for lightning quick direction changes on twisty, smooth(er) tracks. Both can do the stuff the other can, just far less efficiently.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 3

Well decided to go with a 5ive,its exactly the same price as the hammer and you get things like an engine and servos and stuff and its goin to be more suited to where I run,shame though as I like the scale looking suspension set up on the hammer but I just cant spunk a grand on a roller when a 5ive is cheaper and performs better

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pringles said:

Well decided to go with a 5ive,its exactly the same price as the hammer and you get things like an engine and servos and stuff and its goin to be more suited to where I run,shame though as I like the scale looking suspension set up on the hammer but I just cant spunk a grand on a roller when a 5ive is cheaper and performs better

obv makes sense to go with a 5 :good:..unless u have loads of spare £££££££:rolleyes:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pringles said:

I think this is a well informed and thought out decision! :good:

• 9 months later...

Hi,  first time posting after only recently stumbling onto the forum so be nice :) 

I am hopeful that I will be getting a Dragon Hammer V2  for Christmas if my other half has got the hint lol! I personally would choose it over a Kraken for specs, but body wise i like the Kraken shape

Would i be able to put a different shell on top clearly marked as Dragon hammer but different shape,  ( personally i do quite like the losi 5t style body shape not necessarily the exact body but that kinda of thing i find quite pleasing. )

So i have a few questions that i hope are not off topic.

Is it OK to mod change the body type/shell or is this something that one just doesn't do?

Does anybody know if the losi 5t body shell would fit roughly on a Dragon hammer ( few modifications are fine)

If not what would be a good body to use and build it up to the style and shape  similar to a losi on a dragon hammer etc I appreciate that i will have to take into account the rear axle and level of travel etc.

I'm really looking to find a host shell to use and then get the parts made my self from Plexiglas/lexar/plastic /maybe thin metal as i have seen some very cool looking bodies on you tube and fancy giving it a go.  etc as i rather enjoy tinkering. 

RCMax is the first Youtube channel i came across and really enjoy their videos esp as the other guy steve uses his dragon hammer a lot.

Any and all advice welcomed. including ribbing :)  

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Evssv

Many thanks for the welcome :D yer that's why am trying to figure out without having to fork out for one whole body that wont fit. lol 

While also remembering that the DH does not sit as low to the ground as the Losi. so research carries on may drop RCModels an email to see if they can shed any light on it.

Cheers

• Like 1

tbh I`d wait for father Christmas to bring u it and go from there.....;).....I`ve seen one up close but never paid much attation to the mounting system......so it may b a case of fab up sum body posts and braces then job done...:yes:...or it may not even b doable......:(.....I highly doubt u`ll get a 5ive body on it as there huge......:yes:...heres my 5ive body....

20170930_210457

Edited by evssv

Yer, kinda hard as love to tinker and want to knock up my own body so i can put my own chosen decals on it and paint it chosen colour thought without the actual motor to try out roll and suspension poss a tad premature. , Though am tempted to buy a spare DHV2 chassis and play with that before it comes, not sure i could do that may spoil the surprise. not a huge loss if it cant be done i suppose, i mean I have chosen he dragon for the engineering not the looks lol ;)

haven't even got it and already im wanting to look at bigger engines :D

welcome to the hobby.....:lol:......I actually bought bits fro my 5ive and the dude hadn't even sent it out.....:doh:...let alone boxed/wrapped it up.........:lol:....I thk the dh is sorta losi dbxl size ....I got 2x brand new mcd mtv4 shells here as I was gonna make the dbxl into a mt.......but I sold it to get the 5ive..:D..still got the 2x shells though........

Edited by evssv

Oh wow didn't see the pic before replying.

That's a really nice looking body. hmm sc type body will have to search that, yer  when i started to thing of the body on the DHV2 i got the image of a mini cooper body on-top of a monster truck style size :rolleyes: possible not as bad as that but you can see the issue. 

Lol glad im not alone in getting itchy fingers, then 

Question what fuel do you run yours on? I was going to use  shell nitro  will that be a problem? 

Love the wheels on that Finnish the whole car off :D Notice the jerry can do you premix it in that and then decant when ever you need to fill up? 

How long would a bottle of the oil last you ? im looking to be using it most weekends for 3-4 tanks at a time. just trying to gauge quantity, take it they don't sell it in larger bottles than 1 liter? 

Im wanting to Kit the DHV2 in Red  ... shinny red LOL:rolleyes:

cheers.:good:..yeah took me ages to decide on the rim/beadlock colors...:rolleyes:....I mix up 5ltrs everytime.......when I go out I aim to do 2 tanks......and normally ido them.. but sum times things go wrong..:doh:.....or brake......:crying:.......3-4 tanks!?......u gonna need a decent rx lipo for that.......I can..i thk.....do about  4-5 tanks on my 2x 3000mah rx lipos.......most I done so far is 3 tanks.....but had plenty of volts left in them......

20170923_152006

1 ltr of oil may last 1 1/2 months mayb if ur going out every wk end......25/1 mix is 250ml of oil......so 4 lots out a liter=20ltrs of fuel......

Edited by evssv

Thanks for the heads up was reading your other thread ;)  yer kicking myself for not being the calculate that off the bat, ooh good point about the battery's hadn't factored that in yet...Lip ones, cant seem to find many of them,  wheres best to get batteries from?

and take it regardless of sport the larger the capacity is better. 

2 minutes ago, CMK said:

Thanks for the heads up was reading your other thread ;)  yer kicking myself for not being the calculate that off the bat, ooh good point about the battery's hadn't factored that in yet...Lip ones, cant seem to find many of them,  wheres best to get batteries from?

and take it regardless of sport the larger the capacity is better. 

again I`d wait...or ask on here what size the dh rx tray/box is first before buying any lipo`s.......:good:...lipos from hobbyking:yes:

Edited by evssv