• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbythek Offers - January.

atom3624

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

Seems perfect for a bit of skate park action John! :lol:

Watching the vids they look and sound incredibly realistic. You'd swear they were real go carts.  Best place to run one though would be on a real go cart track.  

If they do an 80% off sale I'll get one. :lol:

John

So realistic, you'd be better paying a Karting course and having 20 lessons in a real one perhaps ....

Sorry, not wanting to burst bubbles ... I love RC, but sometimes 'the real thing' is just as accessible'.

Al.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

So realistic, you'd be better paying a Karting course and having 20 lessons in a real one perhaps ....

Sorry, not wanting to burst bubbles ... I love RC, but sometimes 'the real thing' is just as accessible'.

Al.

Expensive enough that you might as well pick up a second hand cart instead. Would be more fun.  :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotax-max-go-kart-on-Dome-chassis-Go-kart-OTK-Tonykart-TKM-X30-/122286126724?hash=item1c78d23684:g:skIAAOSwoJZXRgBn

John

Edited by johninderby

I used to have a kart but gave it all up due to the sheer cost of running it. Transporting the thing, storage, engine rebuilds, tyres, fuel.....not to mention the cost of safety gear, licences etc.

The real thing is a hella buzz but i'd still take the RC!

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Expensive enough that you might as well pick up a second hand cart instead. Would be more fun.  :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotax-max-go-kart-on-Dome-chassis-Go-kart-OTK-Tonykart-TKM-X30-/122286126724?hash=item1c78d23684:g:skIAAOSwoJZXRgBn

John

I was nearly going to post something like that, but have been 'doing costs' for my 10-year-old and the conclusion is as simple as James1986 says - 'go for broke', or just have a few lessons and see how you take to it ...

Serious stuff aside, Karts look great. Only problem is where to run them?

Just like TC's - very limited unless you're a member of a club, or 'know a good quiet car park' somewhere.

Al.

• 1 month later...