• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

On 27/01/2017 at 00:57, t2boats said:

Surprised at the speed Dan, even with just  a 2S I'd have thought the brushless motor would've propelled it towards or over the 30mph mark.. my stock brushed motor with a 3S Lipo up its backside and a 16v esc managed 34mph. I was pleasantly surprised! I ran it on 2S and it delivered 22mph.. big difference.

I wanted to do a few more speed runs with the Rustler again today while I had the time so took the Outlaw again.

today it done 26.8mph under the same conditions as before. But, then I looked at the channel 2 EPA & it was on 100%, max is 120% ! I then remembered I'd turned it down a bit the first time I ran it on the gravel car park of our village hall :rolleyes:

So with the EPA now on 120% I tried again & it recorded 30.2mph. I'm ok with that, as said it's not exactly built for high speed & 30mph is plenty off-road.

1 hour ago, t2boats said:

That's a better result! :good:  can your GPS read in both mph and kph?

Not simultaneously but it can be set for either.

23 minutes ago, Geehawk said:

Am I the only one who really likes the standard Outlaw shell :o especially in the red.

Would not say no to a few hop-ups in something other than electric blue though ;)

I like the stock shell too :good:  originally I'd bought some illuminous orange and green spray paint as I was buying a Yeti XL kit, but one thing led to another and I ended spending that money elsewhere.. so they're still there to be used!

I like the standard shell just fine actually. May get a clear shell and do it another colour though. 

John

Aye thats my plan too, i mention it to the guy at freeprawn on friday when i popped in, so they maybe getting some in.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Basher said:

I too like the standard shell and indeed the whole Ultra 4 look.

However I do want a SCT with rear trailing arm suspension, maybe another Outlaw to convert is the answer for me !

Just thought, I could do that with the Outlaw I won at Xmas! Aren't I a jammy bugger :D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, johninderby said:

While ordering the few little FTX bits clicked on the buy button for the clear Outlaw body.  :D

Now black or orange??????

John

i would go black or black/orange or black/neon green :)

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Basher said:

The more I use and work on this car the more I like it, Had a great run today but broke both the battery support bars when I "landed" on the spare wheel !

I'll bodge em for now, and will be trying the standard brushless motor next, I bought a new brushless Hooligan roller for £65 off the bay, it came with the standard 4 pole 2950Kv brushless motor and servo.

The carbon chassis is very nice ;)

Never thought that the alloy battery supports would be needed. :poster_oops:

Still trying to decide on whch sensored BL set-up to,go with.

John