• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Ranger

t2boats

Took a while to sort and left the table for 2 mins, need to return to tidy up lol, it should be dam good and still light maybe even a little lighter, i shall return to where i first took it for a good trundle hopefully tomorrow. That's it all done and only plan to drop some waterproof grease into the centre gears at some point, should be all good for streams and snow etc etc, 1060 hobbywing seems bloody great

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mamodman said:

just rolling Boy you've really been busy - put some of us to shame !!!!! :thumbsup:

i just love rc mate and just how dam cheap the upgrades have been as well as just how dam good the truck already was, thank you all for the advice, test run tomorrow

• Like 1

Been to same patch with the modded outback / Burt, much better at climbing and works a treat with the drag brake and the slow speed control, 2s 2200 battery lasted bloody ages and still 33% left on it, totally changes the vehicle moving the battery to front 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, just rolling said:

Been to same patch with the modded outback / Burt, much better at climbing and works a treat with the drag brake and the slow speed control, 2s 2200 battery lasted bloody ages and still 33% left on it, totally changes the vehicle moving the battery to front 

That's good to hear! Surprising how much difference a drag brake and a bit of weight transfer can make eh?

question is................. what you gonna modify next!!

• Like 2

Just now, Wabom1981 said:

That's good to hear! Surprising how much difference a drag brake and a bit of weight transfer can make eh?

question is................. what you gonna modify next!!

Am pretty much well happy with it and the low total cost mate, think it works great and still light if not lighter. Had a great time out there again today so if anything it would be another truck, thing should be all good for a while and all weather, ah just thought at some point this shell which i have on a 2wd stampede https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-1972-chevy-c10-body/rc-car-products/33453

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Don't know how long the 2200 battery will last. Never come close to running it flat. Interesting point is the Barrage version comes with a version of the 1060 ESC and the battery at the front already. Pity FTX doesn't do the same with the Outback. But easy to sort out though. :D

John

yeah there seems to be a few versions of the truck from different manufacturers, its prob cost me in total 180 ish so am well happy using my controller i use for other rcs, the new absima trail truck also seems to be the same with the battery mounted lower down and more in the centre and different shocks? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-1-10-ep-crawler-cr2-4-rtr-orange/rc-car-products/423258

4 minutes ago, just rolling said:

yeah there seems to be a few versions of the truck from different manufacturers, its prob cost me in total 180 ish so am well happy using my controller i use for other rcs, the new absima trail truck also seems to be the same with the battery mounted lower down and more in the centre and different shocks? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-1-10-ep-crawler-cr2-4-rtr-orange/rc-car-products/423258

That absima crawler does look smart, very scale looking axles too! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wabom1981 said:

That absima crawler does look smart, very scale looking axles too! 

The shell looks great, pretty sure 80% the same as outback, looks like the hobbywing 1040 esc in it too

5 minutes ago, mamodman said:

just rolling Looks like I've got to get that drag brake and move the battery 

honestly for 2mins work and less than £20 it transforms the good climber into a bloody great climber, low speed control is also much better

9 minutes ago, mamodman said:

just rolling Looks like I've got to get that drag brake and move the battery 

You wouldn't regret it Fred!! 

It uses a full sized tamiya plug, whereas the standard outback battery has the mini one fitted so you would need an adapter unless you plan to change the plug? Or use a different battery. 

3 minutes ago, Wabom1981 said:

It uses a full sized tamiya plug, whereas the standard outback battery has the mini one fitted so you would need an adapter unless you plan to change the plug? Or use a different battery. 

Thanks for that info, 

Evening.  

Well tested the outback with 60 weight shock oil. It really helped when you are mid way over some rocks as the rebound was lovely and smooth. However when trying to climb it's just too stiff. Back to lighter weight oil. 

New ftx wheels and tyres arrived. 20g of weights in each wheel and tyres glued. Really like the black rims on with the grey body. 

Put a load of stickers on the shell which look great. I want to post up a pic but it is saying I only have 0.39mb left. How do I clear that so I can upload an image? 

• Like 1

Hi @TerryV34 sounds good, would like to see what you've done to your rig?

would be interested to hear what oil you eventually settle on? As I need to run a lighter on in mine I think. 

unfortunately if your not a gold member your only allowed a piddly amount of storage for your photos. You could try and take a screenshot of your picture and try uploading that, sometimes works?

otherwise it depends if you want to pay the £5 annual membership and then get plenty of storage?