• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

Ah, the cats.....

Purrcy says not interested, to the point of backing away. Biggus sat and looked at it, then at me with a 'if you think I'm chasing that...' look.....

Fickle creatures, the pair of 'em! 

3 minutes ago, Noj said:

Ah, the cats.....

Purrcy says not interested, to the point of backing away. Biggus sat and looked at it, then at me with a 'if you think I'm chasing that...' look.....

Fickle creatures, the pair of 'em! 

Occasionally a cat will surprise you and do just what you want but they'll soon get over it end be back to normal.  :rolleyes:

John

First and foremost, most importantly essential thing of them all, i removed the gank wheel stickers. Then put the battery on charge. Im currently looking at removing some more of the stickers, just got to decide which. Looks alot nicer than i expected but i think it might be a case of less is more as far as stickers is concerned. And the shocks are shocking, but i havnt used it yet, just the scientific bounce test.

P1050358.JPG

I have been thinking of removing a few of the stickers to clean things up a bit. Can't wait for the i20 wheels to be released on thier own. 

Actually it handles rather well and being so light the shocks don't seem to be a real problem. Am looking for some alloy shocks though. Hopefully some Chinese seller will have them cheap.

John

The side stickers need to go....the claim, whilst perhaps true, doesn't need shouting about....

Black dish wheels look good. In their defence, the wheel stickers look ok when spinning ;)

Haven't got a skull which is small enough for the grill though....bother...

yup, that looks really good now, im going to do that to mine, might get totaly unstickered (not lights and stuff) and slightly restickered. 

The cat lokes it, at first she wasnt too sure, tail puffed up, strutting about sideways like they do in the silly cat vids, so i stopped the car next to her, after a while she tapped it, i drove off, she followed, this went on for a while and she started to chase it. Mission acomplished. Now to make something up more cat frendly, like a rat carcus

ill give that a miss cheers, if i take the time to paint one ill be getting mabie a Bluegroove beetle body or something just as old, but I did notice it seems to be fitted with a buggy rear wing mount, so i might just buggy it, i guess the chassis is the same as the buggy?

Also  UNSTICKERED

I might put some stickers back on, but could you imagine how the artist felt who designed the scheme, having his masterpiece plastered in stickers?!?

Ive got to say, first impressions of this little beast are very very good, i think its going to be a while before i can justify upgrading it, its so much fun as it is. Cant wait to get it to work tomorrow on the large painted floor :D

P1050361.JPG

P1050360.JPG

Edited by A Return

Officially outdoor christened.....

Front splitter is showing some scrapes and the low stance does demand a smooth surface, especially coupled with the bouncy ride from those shocks.

Will shoot some footage after lunch. Won't break speed records on 1s, good controllable drifting antics however...

Run around the car park, which is admittedly not the smoothest tarmac I've ever seen, but the GT24R hopped and bounced it's way around without any damage at all although it tended to go off in odd directions quite often but no problems.

John

Edited by johninderby

cant fault the run time, seems to go on forever, took it to work today and ran it on the painted floor, either too much grip or not enough power to get it to drift, either way im impressed by the tyres. When i took it outside it highlighted how uneven the concrete surface is. Im tempted to cut the bottom of the front bumper off as it catches on everything!

The built in snowplow could come in handy this winter. :D Am considering a little trimming as it does catch on every little bump. 

Have ordered some Losi micro 1/24 shocks. Plastic bodied but oil filled and adjustable. Couple of mm shorter than stock but springs and shafts look a lot stronger.  Should have them early next week. Fingers crossed they'll do the job as they're fairly cheap.

John

Its not the first time ive taken a car in to work, and when i do i generaly get ripped for it (of course drinking and football is much more grown up) anyhow, i handed the controller over to a collegue and he said ''actualy, to be fair this is quite fun............ how much was it?''

Something i noticed with the throttle, there is about 10mm travel left when the car is at full throttle ie, the rubber rev limiter thing will do absolutly nothing, like its not needed. Am i missing something with the settings or will the extra travel of the throttle be used when 2s are fitted?

Not noticed it doing that...having far too much fun drifting it :lol:

If those shocks work out, may get some....

Noticed how forgiving that front section is...plenty of impact absorbing bending goes on.... Will be washing and de-stickering the shell this eve and possibly attaching those fiddly clips to the shell with ' string type material, but thinner' because they're easy to loose in a pinging moment and because gripping them with fat fingers is difficult. ;)

Also have to repair the +ve Esc battery lead as the shroud has torn, squeezing the graphene packs in....arse! :doh: