• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

This 1 mate http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/losr-8020-tuned-exhaust-pipe-23-30cc-gas-engines-5ive-t-losr8020.html for the losi pipe, mine running great now but i have had a hell of alot of bad things / bad luck? great power tho from standard pipe and engine for the weight of the x2

It jumped, it rolled, it tumbled and it stills lives. Great fun out there today, used to driving brushless models on 3 or 6s which is fast and more than enough power but am still well happy with the power and speed of the standard engine and exhaust combo. Plenty run time on a tank and the engine runs great, shocks work great and the plastics take quite a beating and keep going, today is another good day with the x2

• Like 1

Yeah Kenny, the diff internals were poo and switch fell apart. Had quite a bit of chow with it at first but with a bit money and time its now great, prob just over the price of a losi now but alot of alloy and great power from the 30.5cc engine. Overall i am glad i went the x2 but i did not expect as much chow / bad luck, had alot of rcs and this is just great and drifts about great looking like a real short course truck. Main problem was diff gears which i replaced with losi internals aswell as NRP O rings and TGN gaskets, switch which i removed, replaced fuel tubing, also replaced diff cases for alloy ones, alloy diff mounts plus alot of other alloy bits not really needed but great price from rcmodelz. The truck i have now cost prob just over the price of a losi but alot of upgrades over what the losi would come with, get a x2 and a few bits and a bit time and you will enjoy it, alot of others have had them and they have ran great out of the box but this one was a bugger at first

I would go the km x2 but change the parts before they fail, build and run deffo the losi but for me am glad I went the x2 and got all the upgrades with the cost difference 

Edited by just rolling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotty napalm said:

Yeah mate. I was asked to remove the music because he had to turn the volume down emoji23.pngemoji23.png so I removed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah bugger lol

5 hours ago, kenny_st said:

good to hear I now have the money to get the x2 I'm just waiting on funds to get the dark knight baja now, hope they come back in stock soon

I would deffo go the x2 and get the losi diff gears in straight away and replace the diff seals aswell, upgrades are cheap enough from rcmodelz for shock towers etc but not really needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenny_st said:

do rcmodelz sell the losi diffs as I was going to get them from modelsport, also what diff oil did you put in

I got the losi diff gears gaskets and nrp o rings from freeprawnracing website, oils from rcmodelz which work great front 50 000cps middle 150 000cps and rear 6000cps, handles great with stock tires, slides about like a real short course truck

3 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

noob question cps the same as wt

Its all weird lol, on these bottles they are 50 000cps and 1985wt, 150 000cps and no wt on it, 6 000cps and 332wt

2 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

ok I will wait then as I was going to order from modelsport

i would also get the cover thing for the pullstart and air filter from rcmodelz, think they do them for about a fiver each

• Like 1