• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya WT-01 Build

BlackHole

I do have a FlySky FS-GT2E however, I'm still running the toy grade car I fixed so inorder to run both cars at the same time, I needed a new radio. Another reason to consider a new radio was the design of it. I thought it is a cool design and I love it. 

Orded Absima CR3P as I read some nice comments on it and it said to be similar to FlySky and people saying they copied FlySky but I like the design and most people used it haven't had any  major issues with it (just not reading the manual correctly). Modelsport had so many 5 stars reviews too. 

Orded QUICRUN 1060 but first I thought it would be best to get a QUICRUN 0860 for dual motors but changed my mind to stay with RWD for sometime until I feel like to upgrade to 4WD (thinking of connecting both motors to same ESC plug.

Also bought FLOUREON Lipo 4000mAh 2s which was suggested to me. 

For now I will be stay with RWD as it will suck to upgrade everything at once so kept some upgrades to enjoy in the future :D  

I'm glad I chose Tamiya  ;) :glare:

Can't wait to power this Tamiya     :rc_car:

Edited by BlackHole
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly, the 1060 is rated down to 12 turns? So it could run two 24 turn motors or above wired in parallel. Two stock silver cans wouldn't cause it to break a sweat for example.

If you wanted to go for lower turn motors one day, you could simply buy a second 1060 and run it off a Y-lead. Two single-motor ESCs are usually cheaper than a low-turn twin-motor ESC or an unlimited turn ESC.

But all of that is for the future. For now, I think you have chosen well. I'm sure you will be very happy with your rig's performance when it is up and running!

• Like 1

Looks great so far!

My only suggestion would be to check your wheel and tyre orientations. I can't see the wheel spokes, so I can't tell whether the front wheels are on the wrong way around, or just the tyres, but if you look at the rig from above, all four tyres should have their tread "chevrons" pointing forwards.

The wheels have small L and R markings on the inner rim to tell you which are for the left and right of the car.

33 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Looks great so far!

My only suggestion would be to check your wheel and tyre orientations. I can't see the wheel spokes, so I can't tell whether the front wheels are on the wrong way around, or just the tyres, but if you look at the rig from above, all four tyres should have their tread "chevrons" pointing forwards.

The wheels have small L and R markings on the inner rim to tell you which are for the left and right of the car.

Lol I got front L and R other way around :P 

46 minutes ago, johninderby said:

What colour are you going to do the body?

I'm still thinking about it . Can't think of a colour. May be orange I guess with a paint decal.. not really sure. I'm going to take off the body and run it until I do the body. I love to look inside while driving :P

After a painful hour + some blood (I cut myself).....  I'm thinking of a red/medium dark orange + black paint. Still considering...

CAN'T TAKE MY EYES AWAY FROM THIS..... :omgblinky:  electronics better be here soon.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Edited by BlackHole
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlackHole said:

CAN'T TAKE MY EYES AWAY FROM THIS..... :omgblinky:  electronics better be here soon.

I know the feeling - whenever I finish a new build, I like to keep it on my bedside table for a few weeks just to look at. Building a car from a kit gives one a special connection to it I think. And it sounds like you have literally developed a blood bond with yours! :)

Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the shell! 

• Like 1

Since the shell depicts a Subaru Brat, how about painting it Subaru blue?

gallery_28308_2248_20916.jpg

You could even add a set of yellow Subaru rally decals if you wanted to:

gallery_28308_2248_89091.jpg

Edited by XV Pilot

Ah, so not blue then. :)

If blue is the colour you hate the most, presumably you'd like something as far removed from blue as possible?

On an artist's colour wheel, the colour furthest away from blue is a sort of orangey yellow, like the Camel Trophy Landovers of old. Tamiya PS19 Camel Yellow is pretty much spot on.

22.jpg

Suits other off-roaders too:

ef311d5a3649b71b93372e0131f5e8a9.jpg

ab1d3efc04989bb561e6754058c01033.jpg

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Ah, so not blue then. :)

If blue is the colour you hate the most, presumably you'd like something as far removed from blue as possible?

On an artist's colour wheel, the colour furthest away from blue is a sort of orangey yellow, like the Camel Trophy Landovers of old. Tamiya PS19 Camel Yellow is pretty much spot on. Suits off-roaders too:

I like that one. Orangey yellow is something I like :D;) 

If the body paint is a combination of couple of colours I like most. Eg. Red yellow orange green black light purple dark pink. 

May be orangy yellow and little bit of red + black stripes or something like that.

Edited by BlackHole

Tamiya PS19 Camel Yellow for the main shell, with perhaps a stripe of PS5 Black, PS31 Smoke to tint the windows, chrome wheels... I can picture it now, and a mighty fine picture it is too. Kinda makes me want to get a fresh shell for my WT-01 and do the same! :)

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bought a battery from ebay and got a reply today saying - 

We shipped this item out to you on date,
while during the way to your place ,this package was broken, 
and the courier return the package back to us.

We feel so sad about that,but there is none stock left in our warehouse,
our new stock is still on transit it takes 25-30 days to arrive in our side.

OH MYYYYY GODDDDD. 

As Arnie says, it happens!!

You should remain in good contact with the seller and he/she should give you the options - return of money or guarantee of replacement once new goods arrive - leaving you with the decision.

Al.

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

leaving you with the decision.

They offered a refund. I was so excited for this tamiya to power up. Now I need to wait for another one week to get the battery, :faintthud:

so that means another 7 days of me staring at the car like :omgblinky:

Edited by BlackHole