• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wanted: Losi eight truggy (2.0) rear driveshaft

shaun17

Hi all, 

I'm looking for the above part,

Hoping someone has one kicking around in the depth of their tool box, 

Also anyone any advise on stopping these flex on heavy landings? That's what caused my drive shaft to snap in half, or maybe any suitable upgrades?

You could upgrade it to the 3.0 which uses a dogbone on both ends of the shaft, which allows for more flex. The pinion gear is the same on both cars so you may only need the 3.0 shaft, part TLR242003 and a set screw. Not sure about the length of the shafts or the distance from the centre diff to the rear diff but they're probably the same. 

I think he's talking about chassis flex which is causing the rear centre drive shaft getting compressed between the centre and rear diff, as one end is held on place by a type of CVD where it attaches to the pinion and theres very little room for it to slide on the centre diff dog bone end when the chassis flexes. The 3.0 has dog bones both ends so allows for more movement as the chassis flexes.

Edited by mond

So yeah, the rear diff has a cvd style drive but on the center is a cup style, 

I guess if the 3.0 parts are the same size it should be the same fitting, as you say giving it the room to flex In the cups 

10 hours ago, mond said:

I think he's talking about chassis flex which is causing the rear centre drive shaft getting compressed between the centre and rear diff, as one end is held on place by a type of CVD where it attaches to the pinion and theres very little room for it to slide on the centre diff dog bone end when the chassis flexes. The 3.0 has dog bones both ends so allows for more movement as the chassis flexes.

Ah got ya. Rear center, :doh: :D 

Yep. Not a fan of center CVD types.

Have a look at all the manuals / part explosions on both 2.0 & 3.0 and compare. Available from Losi & TLR racing.

On 09/10/2016 at 20:32, dazp1976 said:

Ah got ya. Rear center, :doh: :D 

Yep. Not a fan of center CVD types.

Have a look at all the manuals / part explosions on both 2.0 & 3.0 and compare. Available from Losi & TLR racing.

I have been trying to do this but actually quite difficult as its obv a different setup, think I'll have to suck it up and buy the right part, a carbon one would be, will have that flex needed

It doesn't need to flex, its on dog bones so can slide and move like a dog bone axle does. I've not bent or damaged a 3.0 rear drive shaft. The only difference between them is the CVD coupling on the pinion is a cup on the 3.0 and the shaft has a bone each end. Only the length would be in question.