• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New FTX OUTLAW 4WD

capri-boy

2 hours ago, stretch said:

2s info i's in the manual funnily enough :P

Specification
Voltage Input: 7.2V-7.4V 2S LiPo/5-6cells NiMh/NiCd

Ha! Thanks for that (haven't seen a manual yet lol).. looking forward to when it arrives anyway. 

7 minutes ago, t2boats said:

Shame, there's a supplier issue somewhere along the lines.. have these ever been sold before? Perhaps I'm behind the times but I've only stumbled across them this last week. 

No, it's a new model to the market.  Hopefully the delay is just a supply niggle along the lines of a late delivery, and nothing more serious.  The couple of places I've spoken to expected the brushed ones to sell very well for Xmas - drones and quads may be all the rage but beyond a basic quad there's little comparison in value for money at this price point.

From looking at the outlaw - it's terrific value! Have had a few ftx models before and been very impressed, so I'm hoping this new release will keep that familiar trend going. I was originally tempted with the Yeti XL kit, but the price (and how much I'd be able to use it due to my job) has put a dent in that idea and so I can't justify it. Then I came across this beauty, noticed there's a brushed version for a brilliant price and it was sold with me straight away. I've got some brushless gear which can go in (120a esc, 3660 3800kv motor, use either 2 or 3S), not too fussed in losing the waterproof esc as I don't intend on seeing if it can swim :huh: 

so yeah, let's hope they're not delayed beyond the 12th, or there'll be some sad faces come xmas (me being one of them, ha!)

9 hours ago, t2boats said:

Ha! Thanks for that (haven't seen a manual yet lol).. looking forward to when it arrives anyway. 

Just Googled it and found it online. Yeah looks great. Tempted myself.

There's a vid on YouTube of a review of our outbacks, and the chap mentions the outlaw - and just how good it is... I'm glad I've ordered mine anyway, they could sell like hot cakes. it'll be delivered (hopefully!) when I'm just about to return home from sea. My early xmas present to myself :P  I've got to admit, I love the look and appeal of it. Yet again, FTX have offered a competitive rc at such an affordable price. Going by how well my viper and hooligan have performed, if they're anything to go by then I'm sure the outlaw will be just as good. 

Go on John, you know you want to!! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Anyone got one yet? Or is it now the 12th December?

Still the 12th afaik Jim.  I'm off to my LHS to have a look after work tomorrow - long spent the cash that was earmarked for this though.

52 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I'm still sending my wife links for all sorts of RC car bits, this is on my list at the top! The final decision is now with her!

Socks and aftershave it is then lol.

• Like 1

Yep - "In Stock" at MS

edit - just had an email, they've posted it early after my request to receive it later this week :unsure:   I'm not even home from sea yet.. ah well, at least it'll be there waiting, my early xmas present to myself!

Edited by t2boats
  • Like 2

IMG_0502.JPG

It came with the suspension compressed with a zip-tie so it can fit inside the box, it feels a solid rc. Suspension is really supple too. Front could do with some attention cos it's a bit on the soft side.. tyres feel like a nice soft compound and grippy. And the suspension articulation on the rear axle is terrific! 

Sorry folks but that's about as far as I've gone with looking at it, mad busy getting ready for xmas! I'll have a better look on Monday hopefully.. will start a thread up in the errrrr buggy section??

Edited by t2boats

9 hours ago, johninderby said:

Looking forward to the no holds barred review. Looks like it'll be a winner though.

John

Im sure it will to be honest, from holding it I can tell it's a decent girth and the makeup of it feels tip top! I'll give it the thorough once over when I've finished doing what needs doing before for xmas, I'm sure we won't be dissapointed.. ??