• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Parts cleaner

SlayerLayer

Would a part cleaner like this be good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281495107350

To clean parts that would be this dirty with grease and stuff and everything else rc with the right cleaning liquid in the tank, as i know these work really well for car parts.

20160927_164037_zpszxyqyjzp.jpg

Edited by SlayerLayer

5 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Just use Rhino goo and a hose pipe

To use the hose i have to get it out of the shed connect it to kitchen tap and run it through a lot of hassle, just seemed easy have that next my work bench, stick parts in there clean with brush.

26 minutes ago, SlayerLayer said:

Would a part cleaner like this be good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281495107350

To clean parts that would be this dirty with grease and stuff and everything else rc with the right cleaning liquid in the tank, as i know these work really well for car parts.

20160927_164037_zpszxyqyjzp.jpg

Don't see why not. Diesel is a really good parts cleaner if you just chuck some into a bowl with the parts you probably wouldn't even have to scrub them. Petrol works even better although you have the risk of it going up a hell of a lot easier :/ 

I was going to buy some plastic friendly degreaser to put in that tank as it's fairly cheap. 

Plus i don't think i have a bowl big enough for some 1/5th parts lol 

How well does petrol clean parts? Then as this could be a cheap alternative.

4 minutes ago, SlayerLayer said:

I was going to buy some plastic friendly degreaser to put in that tank as it's fairly cheap. 

Plus i don't think i have a bowl big enough for some 1/5th parts lol 

How well does petrol clean parts? Then as this could be a cheap alternative.

Gunk Natural Green is a really good one that i've used on 1:1 engine bays before and it surprises me everytime haha. Normally sells in 1L containers although you can water it down and it's still pretty effective. 

Petrol is really really good, just like I say it obviously comes with it's hazards and personally I wouldn't want it in that tank though with the leccy pump. 

9 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

My mate has a parts cleaner a bit like that in his garage, his uses paraffin, I've used it a few times and it works great :good:

You wouldn't happen to know if the pumps every gets blocked or there's some sort of filter in it?

1 minute ago, dazp1976 said:

I'd just be concerned about wrecking my bearings using a washing thing?

Good point, take bearings out but i do replace bearings fairly often so.

8 minutes ago, HellaFlush said:

There should be a filter yeah, it mainly cleans the solvent so it lasts longer and your not just pumping the dirt right back on to it :)

Yeah that's what i want otherwise id put a filter somewhere in the pipe to get the bigger bits out i don't think I'll bother with a paper filter.