• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie to RC drift - picked up a Maverick Strada Evo DC

KevAmiga

Morning all. Picked up a Maverick Strada Evo DC for cheap money.. just missing its body shell.

Managed to cut my old Ansmann Kryptonite truggy shell to make it fit, its OK not perfect.

Car seems in really good condition, currently has A nImh battery pack but im going to convert it to deans and run a 2S lipo in it.

Anything I need to know about these cars?

Hi and welcome to the drift section. It's a good starting point, with them being relatively cheap. I would advise not spending too much money on it as they are a basic starter chassis. If you've bought it for car park bashing it will serve you well but if you are wanting to get into drifting properly I would expect you to upgrade in the near future. Any other questions fire away

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

There also sold as Himoto / HSP / REDCAT so searching those on eBay throws up cheaper spares, especially upgrades.  As the DC yours should already have locked rear diff i'm led to believe.

This listing will give you most of the part numbers, you should be able to get them in Gold / purple / silver and sometimes blue.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191598126346?var=490673198138

• 1 year later...

Hi all ..i just got a strada dc .. my first drifter .. i have an ftx outlaw and a arrma kraton 6s . So i only know offroad. I bought the brushed version so i get to choose my own brushless combo . And now i have no clue where to start. Any tips ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Ideally for a drift car you want a 10.5t to 13.5t sensored motor with a matching esc, the speed passion reventon is a popular choice as is I believe torro.

did you buy the strada new?

Ideally for a drift car you want a 10.5t to 13.5t sensored motor with a matching esc, the speed passion reventon is a popular choice as is I believe torro.

did you buy the strada new?
Yeah new .. but i got the brushed cs the brushless version has a crap motor .. so if im gonna change it anyways .. might aswell go brushed ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...