• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Exotek Losi Mini 8ight Big Bore Motor Mount

MikeBuzz

New adjustable 'Big Bore' motor mount with fan bar for the Losi Mini 8ight-T, Mini 8ight Rally and Mini 8ight.
This motor mount has longer motor screw slotting in order to allow the installation of larger motors up to 29mm in diameter (works great with the stock motor too).
Included also is an alloy fan bar that securely mounts 30mm or 25mm fans (not included).
6061 alloy construction that is polished and anodized factory red.

View full news article

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Does this now mean they can fit a 1/10 motor into them?

I'm not totally familiar with which scale is which diameter.

no a 1/10 motor is 36mm

just goggled the stock motor and it seems to be 24mm. so 29mm is better but its still only a 380 size (28mm) 

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Ahh, I didn't realise there was a 28mm 'class' of motor within the 380 range.

don't know if there any good >> http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__90711__TrackStar_380_Sensorless_Brushless_Motor_4400KV.html

16 hours ago, jea said:

Has a lot of competition at a very similar price point - there's still some Leopard 4500 2838's from the EMB-1 and the EMB's new Tenshock 2938 is only a few quid more (29mm because of finned can) and avail in various KV's.

I don't mind Trackstar motors but i'd take a leopard or Tenshock over them unless there was a huge price difference.

I've got a velineon 380 on the stock mount in my M8T, which is a 28mm diameter can,  and I can't get everything lined up properly on the stock mount. I haven't cut a slot in the chassis plate. Will this mount give the extra clearance to mount these larger motors or do I still need to cut the chassis?

5 hours ago, ninjagaiden said:

I've got a velineon 380 on the stock mount in my M8T, which is a 28mm diameter can,  and I can't get everything lined up properly on the stock mount. I haven't cut a slot in the chassis plate. Will this mount give the extra clearance to mount these larger motors or do I still need to cut the chassis?

Don't cut he chassis just make some gaskets for the diff cases and a gasket for the motor mount i used card for the diff cases and you can use A couple of washers or shims for the motor mount.. Somewhere in the mini section I had a thread on how I did it on mine