• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi savage x center gearbox (empty)

G-RATs-Savage

Hi im looking for an empty gearbox for a savage x 3 speed as ive broke mine cant use brakes at all and cant seem to find any on ebay for what i want :( only 2 speed boxs on there..

Any help be appreciated new or 2nd hand or even a link to one new if you know of any.

Thanks 

you are better off just buying a hole new gear box, spare gears are always handy i used to strip gears in the trannys on my savages for a past time. in my personal opinion the 2 speed trannys are better. time you hit 3rd gear you nearly out of space even ajusting the gears for a shorter change. i will ask me mate if he has a 3 speed tranny in his big box of savage bits if you cant find any thing. 

Cheers buddy but i like the 3 speed with my 5.9 never had a problem in years just that ive had no brakes for ages plastic around the piston is damaged.. And today i needed brakes in mid air lol landed on bk bumper alot not much left of it or the suspension so alittle bit needed but gearbox and wheels im finding hard to find with out buy everything new.. :)

ill give me buddy a text in the morning see if he has any wheels and 3sp tranny kicking about he hords broken savages. daz could be rite the 2sp gear box mite house 3sp gears got me stumped now:huh:

35 minutes ago, G-RATs-Savage said:

Ok so i can use the 2 speed box? I thought i needed the box with 3 holes on the side 

Cheers guys

The thing to look for is the newer gear boxes come with quick access from the top where the old boxes had to be completly removed , the newer boxes be it 2 or 3 speed come with the 3 speed openings as far as i know .

Yup. All the new Savage gearbox casings are the same. Only the internals differ. They never made a specific 3 speed case. Best bet is to buy a new box from a split RTR. IF you buy a used box, budget for a new set of bearings. They tend to get neglected and as the box runs 'dry' corrosion is a possibility. Especially as you can't get to them without a major teardown.

On MS a new case alone is like £25 + p&p :o

If you find a new assembled 2spd from a rtr on the bay and swap your 3spd internals I may be interested in your used casing with the new 2 spd set fitted in it for some £.

As long as it's only the part where the brake is that is damaged (it's for a BL project) 

That gives you a new case for about half the rrp ;) and me a 2spd box for a project :D

• 2 weeks later...