• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RMA advice

Savage_Smithy

hi,

i have a bit of trouble reutrning  a 5 day old phone and im wondering if anybody has had a similair experience that was resolved?

basically i bought a samsung galaxy s7 on finance from a large uk computer shop and after 5 or so days it just stopped working, it wouldnt turn on other than to display the samsung logo and then hang there until it ran out battery and none of the recovery modes worked. so i thought no worries its 5 days old i'll just send it back but today i received notification that my rma has been rejected due to physical damage. the phone lived in a full cover book type case from day one but unfortunately a small bit of grit must have gotten between the screen and the cover beacuse there is a very light scratch in a bottom corner but the phone is otherwise flawless and the shop in question is using that as an excuse to reject my rma.

now there is no way in hell that a small scratch on the screen causes the phone to not boot up or even enter recovery mode so surely they cant just deny that i paid ~£500 for faulty goods and refuse to do anything about it.

To be honest i havent ever had an rma rejected so i'm not sure what to expect or what i can do about it, if anybody here can shed some light on it or give me some retaliatory points that would be much apprciated.

cheers,

smithy :mellow:

cheers for the reply,

i have read that and i gather that i am well within my 30 day right to reject the product but as far as i can see nothing there mentions any physical damage caused by the user which is what this shop are claiming gives them the right to reject the return.

is there some argument to be made for general wear of a product? as i feel like a small scratch on a phone screen is to be expected and shouldnt void any warranties but i'm not 100% sure how to properly word it.

cheers,

smithy

But can they prove the scratch has caused the fault?

If they cant then I don't see how they can reject the claim on that basis.

Lets face it if the phone was 10 months old it is unlikely to be totally free of any marks but would a repair/replacement be rejected purely cause of that,I seriously doubt it.

Sounds to me like they are hoping you will just forget and go away so they don't have to do anything.

Who is the seller exactly?

Edited by losi8igh

the seller is scan.co.uk

and that is true about a more long term repair request and there is absolubtley no way they could prove a scratch caused the phone to seemingly lose it operating system completely

2 minutes ago, Savage_Smithy said:

the seller is scan.co.uk

and that is true about a more long term repair request and there is absolubtley no way they could prove a scratch caused the phone to seemingly lose it operating system completely

Not surprised.

I bought a laptop from Scan the one time that just wouldn't turn off.

I persisted with it for days,reinstalling the OS and playing with settings etc but I could only get it to stay off by effectively forcing it to power down/crash by holding the power button down till it went off,anything else and it just kept turning back on again.

They messed me around but I persisted and they did eventually take it back and I got a refund.

I would just phone them up if I were you,emails etc are easy to ignore.

If they have a Facebook/Twitter page I would comment on there as well,a lot of companies act quicker to sort problems if they see negative comments appearing on their social networking pages :)

the social media angle is probably a good bet but i will be calling them tomorrow too as you say emails are easy to ignore. i dont know why they do it to themselves, they dont lose anything by issuing a replacement because  they would return the faulty phone to samsung anyway.

cheers

Contact the finance company they may help resolve the issue, you also have a contract with them. Maybe covered on section 75 Like a credit card:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/goods-and-services-bought-with-credit.html#1b

Last online retail that denied me of my rights, I simply quoted Consumer Rights Act give them 7 days to resolve or I will take them to the small claims court. They resolved the matter 2 days later.

Failing that return direct to manufacture for repair.