• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs 'Mad Max' Axial Yeti RTR

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

That won't make any difference to your wheelnuts chap.

The axles themselves are wider as are the housing and the lockouts, so everything will sit the same, it'll just be a bit wider.

The only way to alter that would be to change wheels to a different offset, so the wheelnuts doesn't go inside the wheel, or has a bigger opening.

My drive fits perfectly inside the stock wheels and inside these SSDs as well, it's only a cheap one off eBay, so you could even look at just buying a new driver?

Ah right, ill just buy a new driver then. I thought the kit was something else, as in it did something different aha

14 minutes ago, thatRCguy said:

Ah right, ill just buy a new driver then. I thought the kit was something else, as in it did something different aha

No mate, nothing at all :) new driver and the job will be a good'un.

The one I use is made by Ansmann, bought it years ago, can't find another one the same for you but you might have more luck :) I only checked eBay.

12 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

No mate, nothing at all :) new driver and the job will be a good'un.

The one I use is made by Ansmann, bought it years ago, can't find another one the same for you but you might have more luck :) I only checked eBay.

Ill have a look. Dont mind paying a bit for it as long as its good quality.

This Yeti is fast becoming one of my favourite RCs, it feels the perfect mixture of speed and crawling ability.
Unfortunately this video was cut quite short because my steering went, thankfully it turned out to be 14 little stones stuck all around the steering assembly.
I need to come up with something else with regards to the stone guards, but still enjoyed it and thought I'd upload the video anyway.
First time using the head mount for ages as well.
As always, please subscribe/like/share etc... It's very appreciated, for anyone who does it! :)
I apologise for the border, I don't know why they keep randomly uploading like that... They aren't like that when played via my PC, I shall have to ask YouTube what's going on with that!

20160814_182225_resized_zpsv5jcgmov.jpg

20160814_182211_resized_zpsjanhbgdh.jpg

• Like 2

Well I'm inspired to get my yeti out again, not used it in months forgot how much fun they are!!

Ps subscribed 

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

Thanks chaps, I appreciate the sub... Yep, slightly better music... I just have to be careful what I use, being such a small channel, it's hard to find openly public royalty free music and nobody will give me free rights in return for advertising yet lol.

Not enough subs/views etc...

Glad you enjoyed :D

3 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Why don't you make some music your self ? there's free programs out there I'm sure 

I used to... But it's just so much effort.

I'd prefer to just put something over it that I can simply download.

IF I was making money from the videos it would be different, but they're only a bit of fun, not to be taken too seriously, everyone has different music tastes and if someone doesn't like a particular song, just mute it and play your own lol.

Another great day spent with the Yeti, this time my Dad brought his Tamiya Holiday Buggy along, here's some of the footage I caught.
I apologise for the border, I really don't know why it keeps randomly doing that, I'm unsure if it's my camera settings or the editing software I'm using, but I'll try and sort it ASAP!
Enjoy!
As always, please feel free to subscribe and share, I really appreciate it! :D

• Like 1

Had my Yeti and SCX10 out this evening.

Very enjoyable time, although the SCX10 seems to keep wanting to stop and it's making a screeching noise.

I'm not 100% sure what it is yet, but I'll investigate it at some point.

The Yeti ran fine until I snapped something on the front end, I've yet to find out if it's a knuckle or chubs or the arm itself, will also investigate that further and buy parts as needed.

Gives me something to do tomorrow anyway! :)

DSC_0157-20_zps7gtgubd7.jpg

DSC_0167-20_zps9fnirdym.jpg

DSC_0145-20_zpsvnjhjqih.jpg

DSC_0162-20_zpspgcushzk.jpg

DSC_0133-20_zpsbmk0rkc4.jpg

Well, it appears both my knuckle and castor block are broken.

The funny thing is, it was on such a weak impact, so it must have either already been cracked or just very unlucky.

I will inspect the other side because that had a few hits while I was out and about.

Time for some upgrades I think.

20160825_144941_resized_zpsvyypq3ob.jpg

20160825_145159_resized_zps4u6u6crz.jpg

• 1 month later...

Received my RCMart order the other day containing my SSD trailing arms, mine have been bent from the first run but only just got round to replacing them while I was ordering other stuff.

Also gave this a good beat down when out with the 5ive, Baja, Viper etc... Rather enjoyed jumping it on the smoother jumps this place provided, first time of having it there, it performed well.

Also using a new tyre, which is a copy I got on eBay got 12quid for a complete set, can't grumble at all, they gripped well and have no wear signs at all.

DSC_0639_zpswjxp3g4p.jpg

DSC_0642_zpsqffselwt.jpg

DSC_0355_zpsjcaktzxv.jpg

DSC_0382_zpskgib0gz1.jpg

DSC_0359_zps7iahyeow.jpg

DSC_0379_zpsh1jur1gy.jpg

DSC_0352_zpsfydn5gme.jpg

DSC_0372_zps70a0rvnd.jpg

DSC_0376_zpsupqgfu2b.jpg

DSC_0383_zpsaotnippk.jpg

DSC_0398_zpswlpsf85y.jpg

DSC_0400_zpsla0gnhu9.jpg

• Like 1

Went out today with the Yetis, ended up seriously bending one of my axles and ripping one of the newly fitted trailing arms out.
I was sending it off a bit of a stupid jump into a pile of rocks though, I'm amazed the chassis didn't snap to hear some of the landings, real eye waterers lol!
I will upload some pictures at a later date, possibly some video too if any of the little clips I got are worth editing.
Having a lot of computer troubles at the moment though, so not sure if I'll get any editing done until I've either fixed this one or bought another.
This is how the rod end looked after 3 jumps into these rocks anyway, not to mention the deep grooves in the trailing arm itself... Maybe it was a bit of a stupid thing to do lol.

DSC_0784_zpseqbfzs0n.jpg

Here's some footage we got yesterday of the Yetis bashing around.
It was the first time my Dads used his in anger, he ran it the other day for a very brief while, but this was the first proper run for him.
Ended up breaking mine as you'll see at the end of the video.
Also some photos I got from the bash too.
Hope you enjoy :)

DSC_0772_zpsnwsvg79c.jpg

DSC_0647_zpsnkmrkc1a.jpg

DSC_0690_zpsskixz502.jpg

DSC_0677_zpskhxjed0r.jpg

DSC_0700_zpsdgtuxzgq.jpg

DSC_0659_zps1jxryk35.jpg

DSC_0732_zpsnevs4wi6.jpg

DSC_0651_zpstbfopeew.jpg

DSC_0744_zpsss003gde.jpg

DSC_0780_zpsegnxds4d.jpg

DSC_0775_zpss2vzxedo.jpg

Following this with much enthusiasm - in the not to distant future I will probably pass on my 2x LC Racing cars to the lads (in place of their Pitbulls) and am liking the Yeti as a replacement for me.

Well, in terms of an actual build, I've not done much, I've even gone back to the stock wheels... But in terms of use and abuse, it's definitely getting plenty of that :)

I was a bit disappointed nobody made any motor suggestions though, I'd quite like something a little higher kv, just to have a little extra burst of speed on hand if I ever want it.

If you use it on the right terrain, there's very little that's better.

It's my second favourite RC, with my SCX10 being first.

• Like 1

Here's some footage and pictures from yesterday, out with both Yetis and the Summit.
Great day was had all round.
This was really a testing experiment with my Nikon to see how different settings did different things and such, also tried different angles and even sat it on the Summit!
So it's not perfect, but it's really just a testing video for myself, but I thought I'd share anyway because it came out quite nice :)
I would highly value some feedback on the video as a whole.
This was shot at 1080p 50FPS on a Nikon DSLR... I'm sure my editing software is killing the quality a bit when I'm exporting it.

DSC_0900_zpshemaxwah.jpg

DSC_0999_zpsf6z6w2co.jpg

DSC_0957_zps01rw02c7.jpg

DSC_0931_zpsn7cazwu6.jpg

DSC_1133_zpspeav4g3r.jpg

DSC_1079_zpssi4ax390.jpg

DSC_0937_zpsys9vupgy.jpg

DSC_0941_zpsiuzzbh2r.jpg

DSC_0939_zps82dawmzh.jpg

DSC_1122_zps5dfi5yjs.jpg

DSC_1144_zpsce89w4ac.jpg

DSC_1076_zpsprlgp2pj.jpg

DSC_1054_zpskx8gn9iu.jpg

DSC_0945_zps5aegfdi2.jpg

Some really nice photography there.

Saw the Summit for about 5" in the video - hardly worth a mention in the title, but decent video.

(Apart from the 'music' - term used very lightly!)

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Al.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Some really nice photography there.

Saw the Summit for about 5" in the video - hardly worth a mention in the title, but decent video.

(Apart from the 'music' - term used very lightly!)

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Al.

It's still there :P plus, it's nice to acknowledge everyone who was a part of making the video :D Ray just doesn't really go for things as much as me and my Dad do, so I don't really get as much footage of his stuff generally.

Glad you liked it though and the photography :D

• Like 1

Well, we took the Yetis out for a bit of an impromptu bash, I had a rather nasty landing before the camera was turned on and completely snapped my axle housing, I show it early on in the video, so you know the reason one of the Yetis is failing at most stuff is because I was running in 3 wheel drive, with a live front axle, I had very little drive at all.
I kept it going though, my motto is, if it will still move, I'll still beat on it.
Didn't break anything else on the day thankfully, which is surprising with the fall my Dads Yeti took at the end, that drop is bigger than it appears on the camera due to being so zoomed in, the depth of field is deceiving, these Yetis keep on surprising us with what they will do and the kind of beating they will take.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd make a slightly different video today, I decided I wanted to repaint my Axial Yetis interior, for several reasons, mainly to make it look a bit different and also to make it easier for myself and my Dad to tell them apart when bashing, but also to take the shine away and make it stand out a little more at a distance.
I decided I'd film while I was doing it, just for something different to add to my channel, plus it might help someone along the way, which is always a good thing.
I'm really interested to get feedback on this, as this is my first time making this kind of video, so any comments at all, good or bad, are very welcome, I hope to make some more 'bench' videos, whether it's modification, repair, paint or whatever else, so any feedback people can give would be highly appreciated!
I already know I could have spoken a bit more fluidly, but I wasn't too well prepared, it was a bit on the fly, so that is already noted from watching the video back myself.
Hope you enjoy the video! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had some problems yesterday with my Yeti not wanting to move... Electrics weren't hot and the battery wasn't dead.
Discovered this lot round the prop shaft, it was wound round so tightly, it was creating too much resistance for the non sensored electrics!
I think I need to trim this afro down a bit! :lol::lol:

20161107_133900_resized_zpsjwyqydwe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...