• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing MAX8 esc question (problem)

leontheprof

Greetings, i have a max8 esc for a month now and in the last 2 runs my car stopped due to esc overheating (green flashing led on the esc). When the car stopped the esc's cooling fan was spinning but with very low RPM. I remember that the first time i calibrated the esc with the transmitter the fan was spinning like crazy...like 100% of its power. Since then i didn't really notice its performance until my esc stopped from overheating. 

Now my question is, is the fan supposed to run all the time? or its temperature triggered? Now when i cold start  my car the fan spins for the first 1-2 secs and then stops. And if i run my car the fan still doesnt work 100% even if the esc is very hot. (60-70 C)

I double checked that there isnt anything that blocks the fan, any dust or rock.

Fan should always be on you can always replace the fan individually just measure it up it will be something like 40mmx40mm or similar then you can get tornado fan just google tornado fan on ebay

I found the ESC fans on both the Hobbywing ESCs I had to be mini tornadoes right from the first moment you switched them on,there was certainly no change in fan speed depending on temperature,it was full on all the time even when the ESC was cold.

Edited by losi8igh