• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New toy - what price is it worth?

Hi all,

Picked this NT buggy up today and was just wondering what it would be worth these days? Any idea?

IMAG0001_zpsbzm0ljnj.jpg

IMAG0002_zpsnk8lphlc.jpg

IMAG0003_zpseuug5dku.jpg

IMAG0004_zpsm2wl4rwx.jpg

IMAG0005_zpsdjxgjvsq.jpg

It is a 1/8 flying point Probe 2000. It's had a different exhaust put on it and I think the engine may be different too? The lady I bought it from told me it was hardly used hence why they sold it. It was kept in storage for over 10yrs so needs a new pull start, tyres and air filter. Other than that it's like new.

Sorry for the picture quality. My phone died yesterday so using an old thing until mines repaired.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, wilko331984 said:

Are you serious? I'd be lucky to by the radio gear alone for that.

It's old, parts will be hard to find and it's from a lesser known company so resale was always gonna be lower and it doesn't have a air filters (don't run without one). Gladly you didn't pay too much for it. Personally I'd try to sell it again, if i couldn't then I wouldn't spend a penny on it and run it until it breaks and strip the ok parts from it. 

Edited by Alex97

9 hours ago, wilko331984 said:

Are you serious? I'd be lucky to by the radio gear alone for that.

I'm guessing it has 27mhz? If so good luck getting £15 for it lol.

id have paid £15 for it myself, but it's probably not worth much more tbh

I'm guessing it has 27mhz? If so good luck getting £15 for it lol.

id have paid £15 for it myself, but it's probably not worth much more tbh

Just looked up the engine and they sell for anything between £65 used and £110 new. So I'm more than happy with £15. I'm not sure where you get the chance to get a £15 rc car these days either other than once in a blue moon. The way I see it anyway, I bought a £350 setup (receipts she supplied) thats hardly used for £15.

Can't go wrong. :)

23 minutes ago, wilko331984 said:

Just looked up the engine and they sell for anything between £65 used and £110 new. So I'm more than happy with £15. I'm not sure where you get the chance to get a £15 rc car these days either other than once in a blue moon. The way I see it anyway, I bought a £350 setup (receipts she supplied) thats hardly used for £15.

Run it enjoy it and for 15 quid you won't be upset when it breaks. It may have been 350 new 10 years ago doesn't mean it's worth that now. The engine maybe going for 65 second hand but your one hasn't possibly run for years. You'll want to spend out on air filter glow plug etc get a proper failsafe.

34 minutes ago, wilko331984 said:

Are those engines going for that un used for nearly a decade?

i too would've bought it for £15. You've done the right thing, but thinking it's worth any more is delusional. It wasn't even worth £350 when it was new, it's a very dubious car, by a very dubious manufacturer. If it was worth more, it wouldn't have cost £15 would it. 

Run it and enjoy it, but don't think you've got some deal of the century that's all :)

Are those engines going for that un used for nearly a decade?

i too would've bought it for £15. You've done the right thing, but thinking it's worth any more is delusional. It wasn't even worth £350 when it was new, it's a very dubious car, by a very dubious manufacturer. If it was worth more, it wouldn't have cost £15 would it. 

Run it and enjoy it, but don't think you've got some deal of the century that's all [emoji4]

I'm not saying that at all but the engine isn't standard. Granted the rest of the car is but the lady I bought it from found it in her garage and wanted rid. It was her ex husbands. I do think £350 is steep too but that was including the glow starter kit. I'm well happy with it for that price. I've just fitted the new pull start that came with it and now just waiting for a new filter then will see how it goes.

It might be a pain in the arse for parts cos of the brand but it is built like a tank. I'm hoping it will last cos this is my 1st nitro and I'm more into electric.

Nobody wants off brand old rcs cos parts support and upgrading is near impossible. 

The best bet would be selling to somebody who needs spares. Or a noob who doesn't know any better but that's not very nice and is why these rcs go through more hands than a poker table.  

I sold a nitro hong nor x1 pro for £50 it was a beautiful rc all cnc carbon fibre ect but no parts avaliable so worthless.