• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I would buy one of these

losi8igh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, emptywallet said:

Kickstarter, $595 + p&p + taxes.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I know but currently they are only supplying existing pre-orders in the US,I have asked.

They did say they would help with me getting one into the UK as and when the pre-orders were fulfilled but they currently have no plans to make them widely available in the UK.

• Like 1

Little time for vids today, but these look to be inherently vectored thrust water jet?  I've not really looked at boats before but these seem pretty cool, if not for the price tag - how do they compare to more traditional prop systems?  

To me there doesn't look a lot to it to justify the price tag, though being a kickstarter I assume it's possibly down to low volume production?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with David here, the impeller idea is okay, but when you bump up and down you're losing power because the water is sucked in from underneath then projected out the rear.

If the water you run on is like glass, then it will work, but if the water you're on is like glass, you don't need a basher boat.

Frankly a Proboat Shockwave on 3s would make mince meat of that on speed for 1/4 of the price and you've got constantly power.

OHO have you watched medics videos? none of the water he runs them on is like glass. as far as i can tell its not meant for flat out racing so your comment about the proboat is mute.... the reason it runs the jet system is so you can throw it over jumps and the like...

8 hours ago, cookie666uk said:

OHO have you watched medics videos? none of the water he runs them on is like glass. as far as i can tell its not meant for flat out racing so your comment about the proboat is mute.... the reason it runs the jet system is so you can throw it over jumps and the like...

Moot, I believe was the word you aimed for sir :P but grammar aside, yes I've seen his videos, the boats don't do it for me at all.

For a 5s set up, I'd expect a lot more speed, especially at that price point.

Besides, in the real world, how many of us are really going to be jumping a boat? In theory, the idea is sound, but to really set up anything worthwhile, you'd need a fairly private lake with a dingy of some description and some way of keeping the ramps in place.

My point was with the calm water is, watch the video of his Dad and his friends running them in rough water, they constantly lose power, so if you actually want constant and predictable power, you need pretty smooth waters, any gaps at all of air getting sucked in will simply drop the power.

Also check out the one were they raced a group of mini versions, same system in a smaller hull, they also constantly lose power.

I suppose I can see the appeal when watching a video of them jumping and such, but even if you wanted to do that, how many docks in the UK can you honestly say you could take an RC boat to and jump over it?

You'd have all sorts of problems getting permission, then actually practically getting a ramp to sit in the water for you :good: