• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carb

randomguy

Hi all

Iam installing my 2speed cus schools off for another day :good:

But installing the 2 speed moves the brake discs out a bit which means they get in the way of the slide carb

The manual told me to undo the carb and turn it so that it dosent get i the way

2 Q's Does the carb need sealing, and if so how can i do this <_<

and the rubbery springy cover on the slide carb touches the engine, will this melt? :wacko:

Thx

BRad

Hi all

Iam installing my 2speed cus schools off for another day :good:

But installing the 2 speed moves the brake discs out a bit which means they get in the way of the slide carb

The manual told me to undo the carb and turn it so that it dosent get i the way

2 Q's Does the carb need sealing, and if so how can i do this <_<

and the rubbery springy cover on the slide carb touches the engine, will this melt? :wacko:

Thx

BRad

Your carb should have an o ring or rings on it, check that they are not damaged if they are ok turn your carb where you want it and while nipping up the pinch bolt push down on to the carbso its well seated into the engine block it then should seal ok, you will know straight away if it dont cos it will have an air leak and rev and stall and wont be driverable.

As for your rubber boot you can only try it mate it depends how lean you have the engine leaner = more heat.so its trail and error.

hope this helps you

marty :D

if its on the engine... and its been there since u brought it... it shouldn't really melt :)

rotating the carb around shouldnt need to it to be sealed tho....

BUT - if u have problems with it sealing.... try moving the retaining pin...

So that u tighten up the nut the other side :)

Its stupid in text book language really... but my OS carb is broke and swapping the pin round helped hold it better and made it seal :)

Ziggy

if its on the engine... and its been there since u brought it... it shouldn't really melt :)

rotating the carb around shouldnt need to it to be sealed tho....

BUT - if u have problems with it sealing.... try moving the retaining pin...

So that u tighten up the nut the other side :)

Its stupid in text book language really... but my OS carb is broke and swapping the pin round helped hold it better and made it seal :)

Ziggy

on most engines the pin only goes in one way, as theres a lil groove on one side for it to lock onto while you tighten the screw up so it doesnt spin around ;)

the rubber boot shouldnt melt, anything they put on they engine is usually heat proof to a certain extent, and is propbably not rubber anyway - more likely to be silcone like the fuel lines (these dont melt neither) but obv in a naked flame then it will melt ;)

on most engines the pin only goes in one way, as theres a lil groove on one side for it to lock onto while you tighten the screw up so it doesnt spin around ;)

the rubber boot shouldnt melt, anything they put on they engine is usually heat proof to a certain extent, and is propbably not rubber anyway - more likely to be silcone like the fuel lines (these dont melt neither) but obv in a naked flame then it will melt ;)

Sumet else to try at school :)

Portable flame through tubes rofl :)

If parts on engine cant stand heat then companies wouldnt put em on unless they were C***

Ziggy

Thanks guys, i'll reply again when ive tested it :good:

Dont drive it miles away from you :)

And I advise having sumet like WD40 near u :) - with the straw thing....

So that u can spray it around carb - listen for a rev flicker to indicate a good seal :)

Ziggy