• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wanna try 1/24, advice needed!

leontheprof

Greetings to all community,  (ghm..mmm... this is my first post :) ), i want to buy a mini rc car for indoor use just to play around the table...well...around the whole house.  I did my homework and i am now among these 3 cars 

Losi SCT (brushed version, not 2.4GHz)   120 euro

Carisma GT24b (brushless with 2.4GHz transmiter) 119 euro

WLtoys a212 (brushed with 2.4GHz ) 50 euro from Banggood

It seems that Wltoys is most difficult to get parts for since i 'll buy them from banggood which means alsmost a month wait.

i am most interested in parts availability,  durability and option parts,  i like the idea that can buy alloy parts and upgrade it. 

also i'm a bit afraid to buy a "not well known brand" rc and stuck with a discontinued model later. 

Any advice  would be more than welcome. 

sorry for any bad English since its not my native language.

carisma gets my vote.

the brushed losihas 2-5m range on the tx AVOID!  but the brushless one is good.

Still, I would go carisma :) 

Edit: have you seen the hpi micros? 50 euro :)

Edited by Deafty

• 2 weeks later...

Best advice might be to not bother with em. Most crave them then once have them they store in draws months before remebering then selling them on. 

They are too fast for most indoor fun, but too small for most outdoor fun. 

Altho I would like to try a losi micro truggy even if it's just for a skate park. 

Or mayb your house has huge floors or your streets are super smooth. 

If not mayb something alittle bigger will be better.  They are cool rcs and I'm sure I'm not the only one to go on and off them atleast once a year lol. 

I've had them all and everyone of them has ended up in storage after one mayb two packs. 

But I would like to try the truggy the only losi I haven't had yet, oof a 1/24 MT. Brushed might be better for indoors too. 

Brushless indoors is crazy the damn sofas are like black holes. 

The old 1:24 losi micro is perfectly driveable inside, with the stock 4-cell nimh, and the brushless having 2.4ghz radio is hassle free.

The new one which comes with 2S lipo... probably not so much.

At this scale, you'll need a pretty flat suface if you want to play outside.

There's a cheap brand knocking out losi 24th replicas too ecx or something I had they're crawler version not long ago and it was pretty good. 

I just looked and ecx do have a 1/24 range but I might mean another brand that's cheaper. 

OK looked again and it's the hsp 1/24 range £20 ish and they are very similar to the losi I've even heard people use losi parts on them. 

The £20 MT is the one I thought about getting.