• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOSI 1 5 scale monster truck

Freedom Racers

• 1 month later...

Yeah, looks tiny! Definitely may want to consider getting the AreaRC diff cases for that kind of power as well as the MGM motor mount. The Kershaw one will flex and probably destroy spurs and pinions.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't out runner motors designed for planes, so all they have to turn is a prop?

Connecting one to an entire largescale drivetrain will be briefly interesting....until expiration, which could be visually very interesting.

It really, really, really will not work. Ever. Don't wish to urinate upon your bonfire fella, but honestly, a plane motor (which it is) will not power the MTXL. At all. Ever.

Edited by Noj
Safety

I have an outrunner in a car @Noj,it works great,this one @Freedom Racers is using is used in a large Helicopter,KV rate is about right,still maybe a little high IMHO but still.

Cutting edge and all that,he is prepared for it to fail and if it does he will learn from it and move onto the next attempt.

• Like 1

Fwiw i've seen quite a few micro's using outrunner's too - allegedly successfully.  I'm v interested in how this turn's out - you'd think that spinning, even , a large Heli rotor requires much less torque than shifting this big lump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twisty said:

Gearing will be the key :)

I'm assuming this doesn't have a gearbox ?

IF it's struggling for torque, then without one it's essentially just like a nitro lump - high rev's but no torque - so will need much lower gearing to compensate - top end is far from the be all and end all, especially in an MT but if it does need to be geared low I wonder how fast it'll go.  

FreedomRacers have you run this through SpeedCalc (or similar?).

• Like 1

good luck with it;) if it don't work try try again:thumbsup: ive had some bloke with a petrol strimmer cutting weeds for about 2 hrs on a site im working on, 

fantastic noise:thumbsup: really great smell of petrol. I could listen to it all day:thumbsup: nice "1":rolleyes:

Edited by saviown
Profanity removed - please remember this is a family friendly forum
  • Like 1