• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Losi 5ive project :)

losi8igh

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

I've got a spare set of new full flow tank fittings I'm not using 

Thanks but I will wait.

No real rush,still need and exhaust before I can start it up anyway.

Very pleased with how it has come together today,tested the killswitch as well and that is working correctly.

Had to adjust the linkages for throttle/brake as the carb assembly seems to be longer overall than the stock set up.

The isolating block is longer I think.

Like the clips for the fuel line as well,it's the simple things I like :)

4d3293493637957.jpg f5c387493637972.jpg 6c79b8493637984.jpg 

An exhaust has been bought although we will see if or when it turns up as stupudly I bought it from MMR.

Had no confirmation of any kind to say what is going on or when I will receive it and although it should be today I am not planning on it arriving just yet.

What a surprise (not) lot of excuses and no pipe coming any time soon as it is out of stock despite being for sale on ebay still.

Would be nice to at least let me know rather than having to chase it myself.

Obviously buying a pipe for a 5ive is a difficult thing :)

• Like 1

Got a refund from MMR eventually after much going back and forth.

They did offer me an alternative that I didn't want and 10% off my next purchase but I said no thanks to both :)

Ordered from FP this morning,I ordered the regular Bartolone black silenced version but did say I would take the raw version if they didn't have the black version in stock,turns out they didn't have either in stock so I have to wait till next week now.

So much for getting it up and running on my day off this Sunday,watch it be a nice day and then chuck it down the day the pipe arrives :)

Edited by losi8igh

Just done a very quick tot up of what has been spent so far and it is just over £1800 including the £600 I paid for the car.

Not a lot I know compared to some but it does get scary and that is only including the major mechanical/electrical components and not the little bits that soon add up as well.

Probably be close to £2k when finished and the potential resale value,about £600-£700 on a good day.

48 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Nice thread mate, how was the killer bee to setup? 

Not difficult in itself just wires as always with this stuff :)

Had problems with the transmitter getting it to work correctly but not the Killer Bees fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on the exhaust from Freeprawn,I assume everything is okay their end and Nigel is not off ill again?

I did send an email the other day asking for an update but haven't heard anything back,I know a phone call is the easiest way to get answers but don't want to seem like I am bothering people too much by asking especially if they might not be feeling very well.

Hopefully will hear something one way or the other in the next week or so,with one thing and another I could really do with the "distraction" of getting the car going after the last couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, losi8igh said:

Still waiting on the exhaust from Freeprawn,I assume everything is okay their end and Nigel is not off ill again?

I did send an email the other day asking for an update but haven't heard anything back,I know a phone call is the easiest way to get answers but don't want to seem like I am bothering people too much by asking especially if they might not be feeling very well.

Hopefully will hear something one way or the other in the next week or so,with one thing and another I could really do with the "distraction" of getting the car going after the last couple of weeks.

I ordered from freeprawn Thursday morn and got the bits Friday. The exhaust must not be instock. 

10 minutes ago, NG15 said:

I ordered from freeprawn Thursday morn and got the bits Friday. The exhaust must not be instock. 

When I ordered it it was in stock,I know their stock figures aren't always right so I said I would have the black finish as first choice and the raw if they didn't have the black,both were showing in stock at the time.

Turns out they had neither :)

I said I would still have the black version and I was told I should have it by the end of this week.

Would just like to know what is going on with it as with one company and another I have been trying to get an exhaust for about 2 weeks now :)

The car has sat gathering dust for the last couple of weeks and I am now in two minds about keeping it when it is finished as the enthusiasm I had for it has gone a bit while I have been waiting for the exhaust. 

Edited by losi8igh

1 minute ago, NG15 said:

Pretty sure Paul at obr uk has some VRC pipes

I wanted the Bartolone as it seemed to be the pipe of choice for the 5ive and the G320 engine.

Maybe that was the problem,wanting one that is too popular and stock is thin on the ground over here?

I looked at ordering one from the USA but it wouldn't have worked out any cheaper by the time customs charges were added and even though I would have got it in a couple of days I didn't do it as I hadn't foreseen buying one in the UK being such the "problem" it has become :)

Yeah barts are great pipes, my first 5ive had one with a pro mx g320.  Although if I change the samba on mine it will be for the VRC pipe,  they seem to go great with the obr tuned engines. 

I had looked at the Samba as well.

Freeprawn had one but it was listed as the 2014 version,Hobbythek had what appeared to be a newer 2016 version although I am not sure what the difference is supposed to be?

The only reason I didn't buy a Samba one is I am not keen on how the main part of the body of the pipe attaches to the rear brace.

I prefer the Bartolone as the rear mount for the pipe is connected directly to the chassis although I don't know if it in either case it really matters :)