• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA NERO 6S MT - Smart Diffs!

capri-boy

I'd like to see a vid of one of the stock diffed ones alongside a fancy diffed one, running over the same ground at the same time, then you would get a good idea of how much difference the fancy bits actually make.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2016 at 08:57, mydoddy69 said:

Couple of vids just hit YouTube 

I'm a little suspicious of the Tarmac vid. If they were locked they weren't locked well!

I've had a MT with a locked center (blu tack) and it flipped and wheelied and flipped and wheelied etc, wouldn't run a straight line without flipping at all.

Also that thing wouldn't turn at all on power, needed to be braking to turn.

Shocks look soft as hell and lay downs imo aren't that good.

Now why run a MT on Tarmac anyway? Because a MT with a CD just burns motors up on anything else especially grass. Been there, done it, never happened again once I dropped in a 2 speed gearbox.

CD don't belong in a MT,

Edited by dazp1976

4 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

I'm a little suspicious of the Tarmac vid. If they were locked they weren't locked well!

I've had a MT with a locked center (blu tack) and it flipped and wheelied and flipped and wheelied etc, wouldn't run a straight line without flipping at all.

Now why run a MT on Tarmac anyway? Because a MT with a CD just burns motors up on anything else especially grass. Been there, done it, never happened again once I dropped in a 2 speed gearbox.

CD don't belong in a MT,

All the running vids so far I have seen seem a bit tame to be honest my thinking is there isn't much parts support so there taking it easy for now. Or there trying to make it look better than it is ? I'd wait for it to hit the shops and parts support be in place, then when the public get there hands on it will see for sure what's what with it as so far it looks a bit naff IMO 

Looks like a pig to work on ! 

Monster trucks with or without a cd is personal taste both perform well when set up right IMO 

14 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

CD don't belong in a MT,

I think he's worded the title of his video wrong the only time he locks the diffs are for a few seconds near the end 

28 minutes ago, tomr said:

Still not a total fan.

1. Defo not wp the way the puddle's avoided :lol:

2. The shocks are that soft it don't just slap the floor it bounces off it.

3. All the vid cuts suggest it kept needing fixing or in typical CD MT style it kept overheating.

4. Doesn't seem to be able to turn on power, has to be coasting or braking (hate it when cars do that)

5. Can't go uphill.

6. Driver seemed cautious. Wonder why :lol:

Wish I had a spot like that near me tho :( 

11 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

All the running vids so far I have seen seem a bit tame to be honest my thinking is there isn't much parts support so there taking it easy for now. Or there trying to make it look better than it is ? I'd wait for it to hit the shops and parts support be in place, then when the public get there hands on it will see for sure what's what with it as so far it looks a bit naff IMO 

Looks like a pig to work on ! 

Monster trucks with or without a cd is personal taste both perform well when set up right IMO 

Let's face it, this is more Truggy  than MT and every decent Truggy  has a CD.

5 hours ago, mond said:

Let's face it, this is more Truggy  than MT and every decent Truggy  has a CD.

Id say this is neither and more hybrid myself, 

The only thing it takes from a conventional truggy is a centre dif and from a monster truck it takes chassis and wheels the rest is more Revo and summit with a sprinkle of something new .. 

Im no Arrma fan but this has my interest . 

6 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Still not a total fan.

1. Defo not wp the way the puddle's avoided :lol:

2. The shocks are that soft it don't just slap the floor it bounces off it.

3. All the vid cuts suggest it kept needing fixing or in typical CD MT style it kept overheating.

4. Doesn't seem to be able to turn on power, has to be coasting or braking (hate it when cars do that)

5. Can't go uphill.

6. Driver seemed cautious. Wonder why :lol:

Wish I had a spot like that near me tho :( 

I do agree to some degree but my thinking is all these guys are going easy as there are no parts avaible at the minute so should they break it they then can't do the promo stuff for Arrma  ??? 

The guy in this vid is well known for flying his trucks so for him to go this easy has me wondering why, this is all I can think of why he didn't beat it up . 

Just been looking at the parts for this and it has a centre diff and slipper clutch as well as a transfer gear set in the centre !

The esc looks a bit like the one of the Hobbywing ?  And is that 15a max for the Bec ? 

8429D9E3-0A13-4957-AA5F-E214B38DADB9_zps

Edited by mydoddy69

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just been looking at the parts for this and it has a centre diff and slipper clutch as well as a transfer gear set in the centre !

The esc looks a bit like the one of the Hobbywing ?  And is that 15a max for the Bec ? 

8429D9E3-0A13-4957-AA5F-E214B38DADB9_zps

That's almost certainly the max8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Im no Arrma fan but this has my interest . 

It has my interest  also ,It does look very truggy-like I would of liked more of a monster truck stance and ground clearance .

If it does turn out to be a solid basher id be torn between the non diff lock version and the MTe plus 

30 minutes ago, tomr said:

It has my interest  also ,It does look very truggy-like I would of liked more of a monster truck stance and ground clearance .

If it does turn out to be a solid basher id be torn between the non diff lock version and the MTe plus 

Already got the MTe I was looking at the Xmaxx but I just can't make my mind up on that, one minute it's a yes then I change my mind lol worse than my missus lately must be my age ? 

I'll see how this one pans out over the next month or so but if I do get one it will be the one with locking diffs just because it's different ..

Before I get this I have my next RC firmly insight and have been waiting ages for it to be released fingers crossed its not long now ;) 

25 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Already got the MTe I was looking at the Xmaxx but I just can't make my mind up on that, one minute it's a yes then I change my mind lol worse than my missus lately must be my age ? 

I'll see how this one pans out over the next month or so but if I do get one it will be the one with locking diffs just because it's different ..

Before I get this I have my next RC firmly insight and have been waiting ages for it to be released fingers crossed its not long now ;) 

Ha ha yes the old ,I'm getting one.....nah I think I'll leave it .....but it looks good I'll just buy it..... And back to nah I'll leave it for now routine 

Its a bit easier for me as I've no interest in the x-maxx but Nero vs MTe debate going on in my head will no doubt kill off the last few brain cells I have left :insane:

• Like 1

I personally am quite impressed with the videos.

I dont need this, I have a Savage XL and a Savage 1/5th, but it really appeals to me? I just "like" Monster Trucks, even though I use my buggies more.

That said, put an extra few hundred and I can get the "ultimate" Monster in the Xmaxx?

• Like 1

The esc is a Max8 but the firmware is different so the menus on the HW program box don't correspond properly to what's actually being changed, you have to consult the manual to see what the numbers on the program box match to instead.

7 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

The esc is a Max8 but the firmware is different so the menus on the HW program box don't correspond properly to what's actually being changed, you have to consult the manual to see what the numbers on the program box match to instead.

This is good to hear where did you get this  info from ? 

27 minutes ago, Leeb said:

Blimey, it did look wicked up to then.

It did I wonder if them bolts that snapped are of a certain type ? They did look like there hollow which could be a problem if there made only for this truck ? 

It does look like it likes roof skidding a bit and was it me or did it look like the chassis was slapping on every jump ? 

Better shock springs and maybe some thicker oil is a easy fix and I do like you can adjust the shock position unlike the Revo or summit .. Maybe this is why it snapped as he did say he adjusted the position ? 

20 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

This is good to hear where did you get this  info from ? 

It's in the aussie rc vid, i watched it all the way through, he also shows how easy it is to work on the car.

17 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

It's in the aussie rc vid, i watched it all the way through, he also shows how easy it is to work on the car.

Was this the unboxing one ? Truth be told I didn't bother to watch it or the RC network one .