• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA NERO 6S MT - Smart Diffs!

capri-boy

6 minutes ago, mond said:

It's a bit tenuous. It's not like they invented the concept or will they intend to take every modern open wheel racing company to court too? 

They did it before when a company copied the rocker arm.    They also took HPI to court over some receiver boxes  lol

Edited by turok007

16 hours ago, Jumper said:

$800 with smart diffs and $700 without :o thats going to be £650+ for us i bet

After seeing there build quality in the flesh I'll pass at this price, way to much cash If you ask me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mond said:

It's a bit tenuous. It's not like they invented the concept or will they intend to take every modern open wheel racing company to court too? 

Thing it was vaterra over the twin hammers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stretch said:

F1 cars use the same design. Perhaps traxxas should take them to court.  lol

1 hour ago, stretch said:

From what I've heard of the Twammers Vaterra deserved it ;)

Schumacher Topcat had very Revo style rocker arm front suspension before Traxxas even existed, and the TenthTech Predator had it all round years before the Revo.

They might have a patent on their particular design, but not the concept in general. Easy to get around if you wanted.....

Ok. I just went on the website. I went through every page. This thing looks amazing! I like every aspect of it. If this was a HPI or Traxxas (there fore supported well in the UK, my fleet would be up for sale to buy it.

Are Arrma that bad parts wise? Ive never really heard of them?

• Like 1

Arrma are part of Hobbico, who also own Axial and Team Durango. Many of the Arrma RTR cars are budget versions of Team Durango cars and have interchangeable parts in some cases. They seem to have a fairly good reputation overall. 

I'm quite torn by this. On one hand it could be a really good monster truggy but on the other hand you can pick up an ET48.3 or TLR 8ight T 3.0 plus the electrics for around the same price and those are proven bashers that really need nothing other than what comes in the box. Theres also the cheaper Hyper MT. Will have to see what the reviews say.

Edited by mond

They just showed on the MS site 

Without diff locker 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-nero-6s-4wd-blx-monster-truck-rtr-green/rc-car-products/403884

With diff locker 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-nero-6s-edc-4wd-blx-monster-truck-rtr-blue/rc-car-products/403883

£499 and £579 is not what I call cheap but better than the first price quests of £650 ;) 

43 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

They just showed on the MS site 

Without diff locker 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-nero-6s-4wd-blx-monster-truck-rtr-green/rc-car-products/403884

With diff locker 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-nero-6s-edc-4wd-blx-monster-truck-rtr-blue/rc-car-products/403883

£499 and £579 is not what I call cheap but better than the first price quests of £650 ;) 

Just seen that the rrp is £644 on the smart diff o e so I wasn't far off :) I bet that £580 is just a preorder price

Yes the hyper mte plus rtr is £460 so for £30 more you get lay down shocks.  I think it's best to wait for Reviews to see how durable it will be. 

So is it a MT basher that can crawl/wheely/drift ish? I hope this is a good bit of kit as it can only be good for the hobby if it is, but the old saying 'jack of all trades, master of none' keeps whispering around my head, and how durable will these all singing and dancing diffs be after a few hours of big jumps and shoddy landings? 

9 hours ago, mond said:

£499 is pretty reasonable for an RTR car of this ilk. 

£499 is for the non locking diff version so just a regular mt when you remove that bit 

8 hours ago, Jumper said:

Yes the hyper mte plus rtr is £460 so for £30 more you get lay down shocks.  I think it's best to wait for Reviews to see how durable it will be. 

Lay down shocks in the past have been a bit hit and miss IMO so maybe these will be better ? As for the locking diffs to me they look like a potential nightmare if you get your end points out of whack ! Build quality on Arrma is low grade IMO so for the money I hope they brought there A game for this one !! Now let's not forget that Arrma don't have the best record for the electrics so this having more it could be another nightmare .. Granted there warranty cliams are good but then agian they've had plenty of practice .. Lastly this look like a pig to work on 

Its only £30 more than the MTe  if you don't have  the all singing and dancing locking diffs if you have the locking diffs it's £110 more ! So seeing as it wouldn't be much different to the MTe for £499 I'd opt for the MTe but then agian I might be a little baised ;) 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

£499 is for the non locking diff version so just a regular mt when you remove that bit 

I wouldn't go with the locking version unless the reviews come in saying it's bomb proof.

As mentioned before ARRMA is also Durango and has traditionally focused on the budget end of the market (hence the build quality) whilst Durango did the higher end stuff with correspondingly better quality. I guess it was decided to release this truck as an ARRMA because Durango's focus is on racing, and whilst this is high end, its no racer!

So I'd say Durango build quality rather than ARRMA, and by that I mean 410 and 408 not the 210RTR.....

8 hours ago, Si Coe said:

As mentioned before ARRMA is also Durango and has traditionally focused on the budget end of the market (hence the build quality) whilst Durango did the higher end stuff with correspondingly better quality. I guess it was decided to release this truck as an ARRMA because Durango's focus is on racing, and whilst this is high end, its no racer!

So I'd say Durango build quality rather than ARRMA, and by that I mean 410 and 408 not the 210RTR.....

So the Kraton, Talion etc is low end?  I thought it shared many parts with the Durango's?  I'd struggle to see any cost savings in producing X thousand parts in one factory / plastic then X thousand more in another.  

For a start remember that a lot of RC parts aren't made 'in house' at all so don't be surprised if a model does contain parts from multiple sources. Secondly they don't 'share parts' in that they have different part no's. The Durango parts fit because they were designed using parts from Durangos but that doesn't mean that they are the same part - the plastic might be different etc.

As for lower end, well yes they are really. They are entry level 1/8th electrics that have been fitted with the powerplant from a higher end model. Picture a Trophy Flux with Vorza running gear. You'll also note that the Kraton and Talion are both cheaper than the Trophy let alone the Vorza, and that the Kraton is the cheapest 6S model around. The only way thats possible is with a few compromises.