• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2 hours ago, 53HRA said:

H = Headache

I = Insufficient spares availability  

M = Major quality concerns

O =  Operational issues

T = Terrible brand

O = Overpriced

;) 

Slightly unfair....

The Himoto's that Hpi badge as Maverick Strada's work and are built well enough for a budget rtr, there's loads of spares available, most very cheaply, have the odd operational niggle (like most RC) and are pretty cheap if you shop around.  I'm not interested in Brand names.

Much fairer if you picked up one of the many Himoto 'exclusives', such as there E10 chassis and possibly the shootout the OP linked.  

I had an Himoto nitro parts were a problem,but ive got my eye on one of these on ebay £89 new ^_^

I wanted a basher pitbull but hobbyking pulled the plug on those and believe there the same so parts will probably be the same as something else,seems to be the case nowadays that most cars are generic 

Most of Himoto's offerings are sold under other names and other brands that re-badge them. Often, the reason parts can't be found is becuase you don;t know the name/brand that it comes here under.

That said...they are budget cars, and are not built to the highest standards. Don;t expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

£200 for a 1/8 brushless buggy is too cheap to expect good things. A decent 1/8 combo is going to be most of that, so it's no surprise to see 1/10 electricss in there. 3000Kv motor and a 3S battery tells a tale. No mention of the ESC, but I expect it to be limited to 4S and 120A at best. It would go OK....but the car will be light weight to cope and basically a 1/10 buggy stretched to 1/8 size. Think 'Backslash'  (1/10 SC truck Slash converted to a buggy).