• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally finished my lads monster truck build

swingy_p

Looking forward to seeing him take it round the oval at bashfest next weekend it's got a 26cc oddified engine in it so should go ok til we can get a engine with a bit more torque [emoji106]

4de2e9978969c217374db3ca73eaf9b3.jpg69bb35b01bf3ea1618a6ec0075e78fcc.jpg6aa9a447aa5a6aa64ad1222a15782239.jpge17913034a3c46117aec442ef2a2b071.jpg587af161f0fe63a68550eb25c5c6a66c.jpg6e7acf9d29cd3461ebc9fdc35064bb87.jpg

from swingy-p's Z3

• Like 1

Sorry, gotta say it; "shame to get that dirty"! 

Nice job! :good:

Cheers, I know what you mean but I'm sure it will still look good plastered in dirt lol

from swingy-p's Z3

That's a functional air intake? Awesome! :clapping:

Yes mate, it's the RB Innovations Hyper-Charger filter but the paper filter that comes with it is crap so made my own 2 stage foam filter and works so much better and less restrictive and looks awesome poking out the bonnet [emoji6] [emoji106]

from swingy-p's Z3

• Like 2

Make sure its got a remote kill switch, if it hasn't already.

These things are big, noisy, heavy and really quite fast - last thing you want is a runaway.

Looks great.

Al.

Make sure its got a remote kill switch, if it hasn't already.

These things are big, noisy, heavy and really quite fast - last thing you want is a runaway.

Looks great.

Al.

Cheers Al, that was the 1st thing that got wired in and this one is one of 7 5th scales we own so know how important a kill switch is and is definitely something that all 5th scales should come fitted with as standard in my eyes

from swingy-p's Z3

• Like 1

Looking very nice.

Some nice touches on there, but I reckon it will look better dirty [emoji4]

Cheers Nitro ??

I'm sure it will and will be posting some update pics next week after bashfest as I'm pretty sure it's not gonna look like this for long ?

from swingy-p's Z3

Very nice! Love the air intake. That brings the total no. of 5th scale Mt's at bashfest to 2 lol.

Cool, you will have to come and find me bud, and can have a bash [emoji106] [emoji106]

from swingy-p's Z3

• Like 1

That is a beauty, some excellent little touches and the monster touch with the intake.  

Also like the rear light exhaust. 

Good to see you here I have your shock cables ready to fit they are really good.  

• Like 1

That is a beauty, some excellent little touches and the monster touch with the intake.  

Also like the rear light exhaust. 

Good to see you here I have your shock cables ready to fit they are really good.  

Cheers mate [emoji3] sadly there is nowhere to mount them on this truck [emoji19] but have them fitted to all my others [emoji6] [emoji6]

from swingy-p's Z3

Like the application of the air intake - looks good - but how practical do you think it is?

Once things get grim and dusty / dirty do you think it'll filter as well as a good, normal off-road foam filter, or is there a risk of particulates getting into the motor?

Al.

• Like 1

Like the application of the air intake - looks good - but how practical do you think it is?

Once things get grim and dusty / dirty do you think it'll filter as well as a good, normal off-road foam filter, or is there a risk of particulates getting into the motor?

Al.

Should (in theory) be fine as it's got a custom made 2 stage filter inside and the paper filter that came with it got binned lol

from swingy-p's Z3

• 2 weeks later...
Looking very nice.

Some nice touches on there, but I reckon it will look better dirty [emoji4]

afba5ca456d576e93833315eb61f350a.jpg

Only shot I got of it dirtyish lol as my lad decided to wash the shell while I was getting a cuppa at bashfest lol

from swingy-p's Z3